1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official S/S 2013 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I apologize for even doubting your good taste sip-san. Damn this was a good collection. Can't wait for higher resolution pics and of course video. vaulter from the YY thread was able to make it for the show and said that Yohji had "For Sale" stitched on to the back of his jacket, hehe. That and the make up shows that he really had a lot of fun.

I haven't had a look at the Issey show yet, but definitely agree with you with regards to Balenciaga. Is the new guy in charge of both men's and women's?

Anyone seen Rick? They are loving it up over on SZ, but I dunno. Looks too much like more of the same from last Spring and that wasn't mind glowingly awesome either. If those shorts are shorts and not skirts, I can dig it though. The shoes and leg-warmers are absolutely :fu:.

2. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

That's Dries from FW12 mikey

1 person likes this.
  3. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I like Rick's blazers (that sandy/taupe elongated one is cool) and a few of the pieces with geometric patterns. But yeah, those shoes and leg warmers are :lol: :puzzled:

4. sipang

sipang Senior member

As pretty much everyone has already said, Yohji colors are wonderful. I'm especially a sucker for those kinda faded shiny/pearly colors, the pinkish blazer in the second look, the greyish blue pants and blazer a bit further down, the teal trousers etc.

Can't get excited about Rick stuff, on the other hand I'm pretty indifferent about leg warmers... I like the translucent blazers I guess.

Afaik Christopher Booth only designs menswear and Ghesquiere is and has always been in charge of Balenciaga women's.

5. sipang

sipang Senior member

Dries Spring 2013 seems to be a direct continuation of Spring 2012 , I won't complain about that.

That said I feel it's a bit "plain" (same goes for Spring 2011) compared to the refinement and prints extravaganza of Spring 2010. I kinda miss that stuff.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  6. pickpackpockpuck

Definitely agree. Dries s/s2010 is one of my favorite collections. It was the prints but also how relaxed it felt. The last few seem a little stiff to me, though I think this collection was good.

7. elephantstone

elephantstone Active Member

Leg warmers are terrible...remind me too much of japanese school girls....But hey, they are made by dick owens so expect people paying hundreds for them....

8. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

Too cool.

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

yohji wins [​IMG]
    time to go check it out now

10. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Junya was surprisingly tame, kind of a back-to-basics collection, I guess. Probably going to sell really well. I liked Ann a lot, the prints were great and it feels very flowy. The almost-iridescent purple and apricot colors remind me of Haider.

I want a pair of those big printed yohji pants.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  11. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

I'm glad junya is out of his farm theme. Indeed it was a bit tame but will sell for sure, lots of blazers look very nice. The junya racks from ss 2012 in my city are still unsold even at -60%... worried that fw 2012 will be the same and that the stores drop junya!! :(

Dries Van Noten was SO good. I'm still amazed how relaxed and cool and beautiful the silhouettes were. Saving money already for it.

12. pickpackpockpuck

Hmmm...KVA was a snoozer to me. Seemed totally phoned in. Liked a lot of Ann D. My favorite collection from the label in a while. I also thought Gustavo Lins looked really good (good news for Platypus!), though I think it would have been stronger overall had a few of the early weaker looks been cut. Did not like BBS at all. That was a big disappointment. Waiting on Cdg...

Can't wait to see Damir and Miharayasuhiro tomorrow. They've put on some of my favorite shows in recent years.

13. snake

snake Senior member

I was actually disappointed with Ann D. Wasn't a fan of the fabric choices (from what I could tell) nor the use of pearlescent colors. Just didn't feel very Ann to me, but this is all just my first reaction...

Lets go CDGH+

14. sipang

sipang Senior member

The manufacturer accidentally sent Haider shipment to Ann and she decided to run with it.

15. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Hey p4 where did you see the Boris and Gustavo shows? Can't find them.

Ann was so-so for me. Liked a few of the pants (from about look 19 down) and some of the jackets, but the colours looked really strange to me. It might have been the lighting though, but yeah...looked like a watered down Haider Ackermann. Funny how so many people are biting Ackermann's schtick. Who is in charge of Ann menswear again? It's a former Margiela guy right?

CdG's finally started!

16. pickpackpockpuck

That was the biggest drawback for me. I kinda liked the other fabrics though, at least used the way they were. It did seem out of character, but like I said, I wasn't crazy about the last few collections, so I was happy to see a change. I liked a lot of the coats.

17. sipang

sipang Senior member

Ivwri, they're right there on nowfashion but it takes forever to load right now (or maybe that's just me ?).

I'm mystified by the BBS collection...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    2 people like this.
  18. sipang

sipang Senior member

People that dislike pearlescent colors, prepare to be shunned.

1 person likes this.
  19. pickpackpockpuck

20. A Fellow Linguist

A Fellow Linguist Senior member

Camo at CdG too. I would like a pair of those polka dot shoes... A lot of these looks remind me of ss 09.