• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official S/S 2013 Runway Thread ***

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the same stuff as before. He just made a cool hoody to go with it, everyone likes cool hoodies.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Siki Im

The Barcelona presentation was indeed a retrospective. I don’t think any of the featured pieces were from SS13 (and if I’m mistaken they were basics / staples). However, there is definitely a link between the Barcelona retrospective and his approach to his next collection. For Spring-Summer 2013 Siki has used some of his favourite / classic pieces as a starting point to refine and update his silhouette. From the beginning many of the details (such as hidden and covered closures) have been present but, I feel, his recent plays on volume and lengths have really helped him craft his own identity. So, a lot of SS13 takes those pieces and refines / plays with the silhouette. There are certainly completely new styles as well though (such as the sarouel pants that have been posted as well as a few pieces with detachable layers). Some great linens and washed Japanese cottons / wools are used.

Hey guys, I’ve been absent from the site for a bit, but I’m slowly starting to catch up again and I’ll have some more info / impressions / and pictures to share soon.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Platypus. Glad to hear the retrospective foreshadows what's to come. Is Suspension Point going to carry Siki Im? I found a stockist list and you were on there. I'd love to find another Siki stockist since I really like what he does.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, Platypus. Glad to hear the retrospective foreshadows what's to come. Is Suspension Point going to carry Siki Im? I found a stockist list and you were on there. I'd love to find another Siki stockist since I really like what he does.

**** YES :slayer:

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely grabbing this shirt

4t9od.png

And I like this look a lot, especially the rings. Anyone know who does the jewelry?

7qEad.png

Last edited:

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Indeed, Suspension Point will carry a selection of Siki Im FW12 so it'll be great to see everyone's reaction to the pieces.

Bows: That casual blazer is a great piece (that's the wool-cotton I mentioned before). It's too bad samples are often too big for me (I'll still post a few pics eventually though). I believe the jewellery is the model's own. Where did you find the pictures (I can see they're from the Paris showroom)?

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to hear. Will keep an eye out for the new arrivals.

Bows, hook me up with that pdf!

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bows: Thanks. The shirt has an abstract skull / bone print in black and white. There are also nice details like the signature chest pocket, covered closure, MOP buttons, and such.

Pick: Great! Lots of great stuff coming soon (including several new brands).

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it going to say 'spring summer 2013' on it lol?

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your impressions platypus. Always a lot better to get first hand accounts, gives a lot more depth to the pieces shown on the runway. Also curious to see what brands you pick up for this season.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont mind it really.. its executed well.
great to hear that SP will carry SI!

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, I really like the way it looks. i typically don't like text on my clothing either, but this makes sense to me.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like Siki's signature triangle pocket (usually an interior blazer pocket detail). Looks cool against the graphic on that shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads