• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official S/S 2013 Runway Thread ***

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree on the camo (I'm on your wavelength today, AFL). It's like camo as floral, or something(?). I bet it will look amazing in person. Incidentally, I just had a look at some of the f/w Dries stuff in person. It looks very different than I imagined it would. Still figuring out my feelings toward the psychedelic stuff, but most of the stuff I saw looked great.

Really like Yohji. I know he's associated with a lot of black, but I think his color choices are great. The blues are all nice.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's like camo as floral, or something(?)..

Yeah, that's a nice way to put it. There's a look towards the end of the show with a black (dark grey?) suit, camo knit, and camo shirt which is one of my favorites. Two different camo patterns, but they don't clash and it looks really sharp. I would probably wear the whole look as is.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like Yohji's choices in footwear. It's funny to see so much obsessing over baller sneakers on SF and just generally, and then Yohji sends down simple canvas sneakers that look great. like Yohji x Keds (I would buy a pair in every color)

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this suit is too ******* cool. which designer is it again, I forget...

tumblr_m5gvl0yPrl1rypf9ko1_500.png

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize for even doubting your good taste sip-san. Damn this was a good collection. Can't wait for higher resolution pics and of course video. vaulter from the YY thread was able to make it for the show and said that Yohji had "For Sale" stitched on to the back of his jacket, hehe. That and the make up shows that he really had a lot of fun.

I haven't had a look at the Issey show yet, but definitely agree with you with regards to Balenciaga. Is the new guy in charge of both men's and women's?

Anyone seen Rick? They are loving it up over on SZ, but I dunno. Looks too much like more of the same from last Spring and that wasn't mind glowingly awesome either. If those shorts are shorts and not skirts, I can dig it though. The shoes and leg-warmers are absolutely :fu:.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Rick's blazers (that sandy/taupe elongated one is cool) and a few of the pieces with geometric patterns. But yeah, those shoes and leg warmers are :lol: :puzzled:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As pretty much everyone has already said, Yohji colors are wonderful. I'm especially a sucker for those kinda faded shiny/pearly colors, the pinkish blazer in the second look, the greyish blue pants and blazer a bit further down, the teal trousers etc.

Can't get excited about Rick stuff, on the other hand I'm pretty indifferent about leg warmers... I like the translucent blazers I guess.

Afaik Christopher Booth only designs menswear and Ghesquiere is and has always been in charge of Balenciaga women's.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dries Spring 2013 seems to be a direct continuation of Spring 2012 , I won't complain about that.

That said I feel it's a bit "plain" (same goes for Spring 2011) compared to the refinement and prints extravaganza of Spring 2010. I kinda miss that stuff.

Last edited:

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely agree. Dries s/s2010 is one of my favorite collections. It was the prints but also how relaxed it felt. The last few seem a little stiff to me, though I think this collection was good.

elephantstone

Reaction score
Leg warmers are terrible...remind me too much of japanese school girls....But hey, they are made by dick owens so expect people paying hundreds for them....

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
yohji wins
time to go check it out now

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Junya was surprisingly tame, kind of a back-to-basics collection, I guess. Probably going to sell really well. I liked Ann a lot, the prints were great and it feels very flowy. The almost-iridescent purple and apricot colors remind me of Haider.

I want a pair of those big printed yohji pants.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads