1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

*** Official S/s 2012 Runway Thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jun 18, 2011.

1. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Dries was my definite favorite as well (usually is though) and I also happened to like Adam Kimmel's collection quite a bit. Actually, it was maybe my favorite collection he's ever shown. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

2. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I'm really underwhelmed by the shows so far. A lot of the contributors seem to be phoning it in and/or changing gears inexplicably.
    I'm hoping for a better showing in NYC once that rolls around.
    :s
    good joke
    +1
    you don't like Michael Bastian ?
    Seriously? MB makes nice pieces but practically everything/every show in NY is boring as hell, year after year. It usually looks like the fashion shows my high school put on. (But didn't CK formerly present there, or am I crazy and he's always been lumped in with Paris/Milan?)

3. sipang

sipang Senior member

Pretty sure CK was in NYC last year. Only show I'm looking forward to is Ervell (Bastian can go choke on a tassel loafer for all I care )

4. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Senior member

If I had unlimited money I'd definitely try and steez up in Yohji/Rick. Urban Samurai meets Dystopian Future? Abso-friggin-lutely.

Hell, if I had a few burlap sacks and a sewing machine....

5. Desi

Desi Senior member

CK Collection mens is NY for Fall/winter and Milan S/S.

6. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

I was surprised at how much I like Walter Van Beirendock actually. (0) [​IMG]

7. Quixotic

Quixotic Well-Known Member

Has Dior Homme gone yet? I wonder if they'll continue the downward spiral. Anyway, I found this article, which is a few weeks old, but Hedi Slimane is returning to fashion design. http://fashionetc.com/fashion/influe...fashion-design Favorites so far are Rick, Yohji, and Versace (solely for the shorts which I must get despite not fitting with anything I usually wear).

8. GoldenTribe

I was surprised at how much I like Walter Van Beirendock actually. (0)
    [​IMG]

Those ones are hilarious. I wonder if anywhere in the world will buy/stock them. The WvB show was nuts (of course) but at some intellectual level it was provocative and intriguing in a way that most of the shows this season painfully were not. In fact I just spotted a blazer from the same presentation that I love, now that I'm going through it in high res. Look at what happens to the pattern on the chest! [​IMG] I think it's awesome. [​IMG]

9. dwyhajlo

dwyhajlo Senior member

Has Dior Homme gone yet? I wonder if they'll continue the downward spiral.
    Dior is tomorrow. (Link.)

10. asobu

asobu Senior member

Obviously liked Yohji a lot, very strong vibe similar to the skirt collection. I think in Japan that one is still one of his most talked about collections from the last 10 years or so. Really liked the hakama pants but I've been feeling that for the last 6+ months or so anyway so that's a given. Some of it reminded me a little of the baseball collection as well.

11. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Has Dior Homme gone yet? I wonder if they'll continue the downward spiral. Anyway, I found this article, which is a few weeks old, but Hedi Slimane is returning to fashion design. http://fashionetc.com/fashion/influe...fashion-design
    I wonder if we'll get more Doherty print shirts this time around, or something more in alignment with YSL and early DH (hopefully the latter). CDG was dope.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

I was surprised at how much I like Walter Van Beirendock actually. (0)
    Antwerp Six mo fuckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Balmain:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Felt a bit like he was trying too hard to separate himself from Decarnin, but not a bad collection. Love those boots, the black waxed jeans, and that croc blazer

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

im pretty impressed now that I saw the video, the music for the show especially. Loved the androgynous looks even more. I want all the flowy/drapey pieces.

15. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

dries was cool, want some of the pants and things with geometric patterns
    raf shows his stuff in a few hours [​IMG]

beirendonck was unwearable as always the suit from the pic above could be worn in public
    but it looks like leprechaun gear though

16. GoldenTribe

Dior was boring beyond belief. I don't mind KVA's own line but I really hate what he's done to Dior. The interest is all gone, it used to be a razor-sharp tailored quarter-goth wet dream and now it's just the lame spawn of damir doma and Lanvin. I'm sick of the plain white drapey bullshit. He didn't even send a single pair of sneakers down the runway and this is a SS collection. [​IMG] I feel like most designers only come up with one half-assed "concept"/theme and then do a whole collection on it, by which I mean that their new signature twist is recurrently present and everything else about the show is yawn-inducing. For KVA-DH this time round, it was a longish coat with one button closure at the very top. Great, so you put that spin on 8 different pieces of outerwear, some of them are kind of nice -- now how bout the fact that you just wasted six months and eleventy billion dollars on the rest of this uninventive two-tone bullshit?

17. bentobox250

bentobox250 Member

Dior was boring beyond belief. I don't mind KVA's own line but I really hate what he's done to Dior. The interest is all gone, it used to be a razor-sharp tailored quarter-goth wet dream and now it's just the lame spawn of damir doma and Lanvin. I'm sick of the plain white drapey bullshit. He didn't even send a single pair of sneakers down the runway and this is a SS collection. [​IMG]

I feel like most designers only come up with one half-assed "concept"/theme and then do a whole collection on it. For KVA-DH this time round, it was a longish coat with one button closure at the very top. Great, so you put that spin on 8 different pieces of outerwear, some of them are kind of nice -- now how bout the fact that you just wasted six months and eleventy billion dollars on the rest of this uninventive two-tone bullshit?

Yeah, I agree about DH. I mean it was clean and minimal and all that, but scrolling through the looks there was literally nothing that jumped out at me. All of it just sort of blended together into, as you say, a monochromatic "spawn of damir doma and Lanvin".

18. Desi

Desi Senior member

you fat babies. The Dior show was tough.

edit: oh and Damir was dookie.

19. UserName84

UserName84 Senior member

Does anyone have a link for Petrov? Cant find it anywhere...