• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official R13 Denim Thread

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score
Hey guys -

I have no idea why R13 doesn't have an official thread, but it definitely deserves one. For those of you who are sick of traditional denim silhouettes and washes, check out R13. The New York based line focuses on expressing American rebel culture through contemporary interpretations of classic denim, outerwear and shirting. All of the textiles come from Japan and manufacturing takes place in Italy.

As far as denim goes, the washes are some of the best on the market, and the hardware is amazing. For men, the two primary fits are the low skinny and slim classic. The low skinny features a slight drop crotch and is slim all the way through the leg. The fabric is a bit stretchy so they stack really nicely. The slim classic, on the other hand, is more of a traditional straight leg. It's slim, but a bit more conservative of a cut than the low skinny.

R13 also does some incredibly sick outerwear and cut and sew pieces. Once again, traditional designs are updated with contemporary silhouettes and hardware.

Their lookbooks kill too, check out S/S12:

You can check out our F/W11 R13 buy on our web store.

We're pretty nuts about this line at the store, so feel free to ask any questions. Oh, and if any of you have some sick R13 fits, post 'em up!

Best,
The MORTAR crew

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys -
I have no idea why R13 doesn't have an official thread, but it definitely deserves one. For those of you who are sick of traditional denim silhouettes and washes, check out R13. The New York based line focuses on expressing American rebel culture through contemporary interpretations of classic denim, outerwear and shirting. All of the textiles come from Japan and manufacturing takes place in Italy.
As far as denim goes, the washes are some of the best on the market, and the hardware is amazing. For men, the two primary fits are the low skinny and slim classic. The low skinny features a slight drop crotch and is slim all the way through the leg. The fabric is a bit stretchy so they stack really nicely. The slim classic, on the other hand, is more of a traditional straight leg. It's slim, but a bit more conservative of a cut than the low skinny.

R13 also does some incredibly sick outerwear and cut and sew pieces. Once again, traditional designs are updated with contemporary silhouettes and hardware.
Their lookbooks kill too, check out S/S12:

You can check out our F/W11 R13 buy on our web store.
We're pretty nuts about this line at the store, so feel free to ask any questions. Oh, and if any of you have some sick R13 fits, post 'em up!
Best,
The MORTAR crew

do they make raw denim? I'm a fan of raw, but I'm not too crazy about the whole workwear/Americana stuff

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score
They are actually coming out with a raw selvedge in Spring in the Slim Classic body.

oilpit

Reaction score
Wow...some of those washes actually look killer, and I almost always hate any kind of pre-distressed anything.

If they come out with a pair of raws I will definitely look into them...

MORTAR

Brand Representative
Reaction score

Wow...some of those washes actually look killer, and I almost always hate any kind of pre-distressed anything.

If they come out with a pair of raws I will definitely look into them...

They actually use the same wash-house as rick owens among others.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who are thinking about checking out their website at work, don't do it. You see a chick with a pierced nipple.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads