1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Do you use a typical shoe cream/polish in the color of the leather ?

this is what I do

2. brimley

brimley Senior member

Drizzt - which Obenauf's product did you use? And how much did it darken them? I'm looking to darken my tan Starrs as well.

The Leather Oil will darken, the LP doesn't change color much at all, and it's more difficult to use on brogues.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Drizzt - which Obenauf's product did you use? And how much did it darken them? I'm looking to darken my tan Starrs as well.
    leather oil, and a lot... look at my waywn pics.

4. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

leather oil, and a lot... look at my waywn pics.

I took a look at your WAYWN pics and that's just what I'm after. Thanks for the tip.

5. Calden

Calden Senior member

If anyone is a US 9, Saks has the Triumph boots on sale right now for $345...
    LINK

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

If anyone is a US 9, Saks has the Triumph boots on sale right now for $345...
    LINK

That's where I got mine from too.

But I dont think their sizing is accurate. Some of the other PS shoes run a bit large, but this boot doesnt. The last it's on is actually pretty true to size....my UK7 fits just like a US8 without a whole lot of extra room. Those UK7.5 should fit a US8.5 really well, and it might fit a US9 but I would bet it doesnt fit more than it does

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Ian had them a bit cheaper a few weeks ago, probably not anymore though. I believe they were $310 + shipping.

8. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I emailed Ian a week ago or something to see if they had any daytona boots left. They're out of PS completely, or so they say.

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Nothing that Paul Smith makes worth it's retail price. It is British Banana Republic-Ted Baker mutant. Pretty much everything they make are affected junk for tween douchebags.
    I couldn't disagree more. I love Paul Smith. I've been lusting after these lately... [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. yasuda

yasuda Senior member

yeah.. i think that paul smith shirts and clothing may be over priced, but i think the shoes are great, and the suits fit so well off the rack.

11. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

That's where I got mine from too.

But I dont think their sizing is accurate. Some of the other PS shoes run a bit large, but this boot doesnt. The last it's on is actually pretty true to size....my UK7 fits just like a US8 without a whole lot of extra room. Those UK7.5 should fit a US8.5 really well, and it might fit a US9 but I would bet it doesnt fit more than it does

So wait, these US 9 fit like a US 9?

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

^^ huh? not sure what you mean there

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I saw those starr brogues at gravity pope here in Vancouver and immediately went to purchase them, then saw $550.00. I almost did it anyway. I would pay 300 for them... I just need a US11.5D. If anyone has any ideas on that please let me know. Absolutely ideal shoe to wear with denim.

14. YoungPunch

YoungPunch Active Member

Hey dudes,

I was at my local nordstrom's rack and they had a lot of paul smith boots on sale there. They had the black engineer zip-up triumph motorcycle boot for like 190.00, and alot of the tan suede triumph boots with side zip and lace for around 200.00 also. Looked real cool, mostly larger and really small sizes available.

15. jeskali

jeskali Senior member

Those are fkn beautiful. I want them

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hey dudes,

I was at my local nordstrom's rack and they had a lot of paul smith boots on sale there. They had the black engineer zip-up triumph motorcycle boot for like 190.00, and alot of the tan suede triumph boots with side zip and lace for around 200.00 also. Looked real cool, mostly larger and really small sizes available.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess it's time to visit my local Nordstrom Rack. They rarely carry paul Smith though but it's worth a shot. Is it possible to call in advance and ask of they've gotten any shipments?

17. bigwhale

bigwhale Senior member

I'd just call your local Nordstrom's Rack and find out. Their sales staff is usually pretty helpful.

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

There are black Starr brogues size 9-12 available here for $249, for anyone interested

19. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anybody know how the sizing runs on the Starr brogues?

20. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Anybody know how the sizing runs on the Starr brogues?

They run long but slightly narrow. 9.5UK is about a perfect fit for me as a true US 11D...