1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Feb 20, 2008.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Thank's. Zippy, I think you saw the Granada's. It had a cap-toe right?

Thr rubber isn't really bad and I guess to answer you prior question changeofpace, the rubber sole might actually make it more everyday-wear friendly. I also find rubber-soled shoes a bit more confortable and more forgiving on the feet.

2. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

PSA: size US9 black Ricard on barneys website for $259

damn, i want these, but they don't ship to canada [​IMG]

3. cldpsu

cldpsu Senior member

anyone see the nash in black anywhere on sale?

4. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

anyone see the nash in black anywhere on sale?

I got a pair at Barney's in Seattle for about $240 the day after xmas.

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

Sorry can somebody please educate me on what advantages of a wooden sole over rubber sole?

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Sorry can somebody please educate me on what advantages of a wooden sole over rubber sole?
    you mean LEATHER sole, vs rubber I dont think there are any advantages other than in people's minds a rubber sole can be thought of as cheap. You can't jitterbug in rubber soles, so that's the biggest advantage of leather sole, to do mean swingouts...a la Dean Collins style

7. cchen

cchen Senior member

rubber sole clunkier and less sleek than leather sole (in general)

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

Ah yes LEATHER I mean. Kay thanks for the info.

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Got my Stephens today. Was wondering if you think they look alright with my jeans. [​IMG]

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think it will look good with jeans but we need better pics and maybe a side profile.
    How do they fit?

11. izlat

izlat Senior member

Leather soles are supposed to breathe better.

Let me try once again with my question:
    anyone have a good idea how to treat and protect Corsos so that I can wear in rain and not worry too much?

Thanks!

12. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I think it will look good with jeans but we need better pics and maybe a side profile.
    How do they fit?

They fit good I was a little scared they wouldnt fit but they did perfectly. I will try and get a side profile. I was just worried they were to pointy.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Leather soles are supposed to breathe better.

Let me try once again with my question:
    anyone have a good idea how to treat and protect Corsos so that I can wear in rain and not worry too much?

Thanks!

Other than having some rubber sole like vibram placed on the sole, there really isn't much else you can do other than the basic wax and polish method. Otherwise, I would opt out of using the leather soled shoe for the rain. Thats just me though.

14. rocks

rocks Senior member

^
    I've never had that procedure done, so can you give me a ballpark figure as to cost? I'd like to do that to my new Corso's too since they'll be my every day boots.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

I paid $40 to have the bottom 2/3 of the sole Vibram'd, so that it ends right at the "paul smith" signature. A good cobbler should be able to make it look seamless, like it came that way from the factory

16. rocks

rocks Senior member

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

$40 is actually higher than what most charge in my area. The cheapest I've seen goes for $16 for a pair going upwards to $25-$35. I would pay a little extra to have it done nice and right even at $16, I think it will still help with wearing it in the rain.

18. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

price will depend on the thickness of the rubber topping too

I like a thick vibram, in between 1/8" and .25" thickness

$40 is def on the higher side, but I've had it done elsewhere for less years ago on different shoes and it wasnt nearly as cleanly done so when I found a good cobbler it's worth the premium to have peace of mind that top notch work is being done. At a difference of about $15, it's not worth it to cheap it out, esp on $500 boots.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I agree GS, I'm just providing an option for those who may lack the funds after spending $500 on boots. [​IMG]
    I do prefer the thinner vibram though, it doesn't make the shoe look too tall and keeps its low profile look.

20. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Other than having some rubber sole like vibram placed on the sole, there really isn't much else you can do other than the basic wax and polish method. Otherwise, I would opt out of using the leather soled shoe for the rain. Thats just me though.

Crap, if I did that I'd never be able to wear my leather soled shoes.
    Yay for Seattle rain!

One thing that will really help the leather sole shoes (and shoes in general) is to let them dry out between wearings.