Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Feb 20, 2008.

1. jpo

jpo Senior member

I really dig those reds. I only see lots of Brown in PS right now. Ive never had PS shoes but, I'd be interested in something Red or Oxblood, but I don't see anything on the site (US or UK) or on Barney's site. Anywhere else I should look for red ps?

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I really dig those reds. I only see lots of Brown in PS right now. Ive never had PS shoes but, I'd be interested in something Red or Oxblood, but I don't see anything on the site (US or UK) or on Barney's site. Anywhere else I should look for red ps?
    reddish colors are pretty seasonal, I think the majority of my PS shoes are red/burgundy in some way but most arent avail anymore. I think the oxblood Bihar boot is the only current red/oxblood shoe, other than the red suede wingtips

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

GS, did you receive your Pradeesh boots already?

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

How is the fit with the Certain boots ?

random, but i'm also noticing a trend with all these indian names: Pradesh, Bihar, Assam, Malabar, Timur (fine more central asian but moghul dynasty still had parts of n. india), Chitar, Musa (Afghanistan/Pakistan, and also Moses in many languages in Asia/Africa) ?

5. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yea, a while back. then returned them, didnt feel it was something I'd really wear. learned my lesson of buying shoes that arent burgundy/red/oxblood. I never wear black shoes and should have known better. oh well but as black wingtip boots go, they are really nice

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think you may need some grey in your life GS. Have you managed to check out the grey dip-dye boots/shoes offerings from PS this season?

7. splattered

splattered Senior member

yea, a while back. then returned them, didnt feel it was something I'd really wear. learned my lesson of buying shoes that arent burgundy/red/oxblood. I never wear black shoes and should have known better. oh well

but as black wingtip boots go, they are really nice

Never wear black shoes? Gotten around to measuring those black Ricards yet? [​IMG]

If i wear a UK7 usually which are rather roomy there is a 50/50 i could wear UK6.5 since these are close to TTS

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ personally, I dont like giving/getting measurements off a shoe since the way it fits can vary so much with the numbers not being any accurate indication of how it will fit. I have shoes that are anywhere from 1" difference in length to .5" difference in width but they fit the same when worn.

but yea man, if you wear 7UK and feel it's slightly loose than the PS ricard in 6.5UK should fit fine if your feet arent wider than "average", since it runs long and narrow.

9. blynch

blynch Senior member

finally bit on the brown bihars. Milan was oos in my size, but I found them here https://www.julesb.co.uk/ . Ended up paying $360 using twit1 for 10% off, I assume I'll get hit with costums like the rest of you. -The site tricked me, it showed me $311 when I was checking out but charged me $360, apparently the page had a glitch in the exchange rate conversion. Oh well, still the cheapest price I could find. $311 would have been sweet though.

10. rocks

rocks Senior member

I am partial to red/burgundy shoes myself, these days I try to allocate gems from past seasons. So far I have bought the bronte's in burgundy and a pair of starrs in a bold poppy red color. Btw, anyone here have the dargeeling grey wingtip boots? That's probably the only shoe I plan on getting from this season's offering.

11. cool_hand

cool_hand Senior member

Looking for a pair of Pinkerton Boots in Dip Dye Sigaro in UK size 9.5.

paulsmith.co.uk and elsewhere only seem to have to whole sizes!

Also read somewhere that they are made in China; can anyone confirm this?

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Looking for a pair of Pinkerton Boots in Dip Dye Sigaro in UK size 9.5.

paulsmith.co.uk and elsewhere only seem to have to whole sizes!

Also read somewhere that they are made in China; can anyone confirm this?

Nope, they're made in Italy.
    It's kind of hard to see, but on the ps site if you look at the picture of the sole, it says Made in Italy.

Have you tried on the Pinkerton? I ended up going down 1/2 size with the Pinkerton versus laces ups like Stars or Ricards. Barneys.com shows Pinkertons in US10.5 (they list their shoes in US sizes) but I don't know if they ship to the UK and they're also really expensive ($615!!!) compared to UK sources. Gravitypope.com also seems to have them although it's unclear if they're listing UK or US sizes but they do show both 9.5and 10.5. They're in Canada and I don't know if they ship to the UK plus they're also pretty damn expensive.
    Also, have you noticed that new Pinkertons have that somewhat objectional "Red Ear" stamp on the heels?

I don't know why so many places are only stocking whole sizes. It's kind of irritating.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Nope, they're made in Italy. It's kind of hard to see, but on the ps site if you look at the picture of the sole, it says HANDMade in Italy. Have you tried on the Pinkerton? I ended up going down 1/2 size with the Pinkerton versus laces ups like Stars or Ricards. Barneys.com shows Pinkertons in US10.5 (they list their shoes in US sizes) but I don't know if they ship to the UK and they're also really expensive ($615!!!) compared to UK sources. Gravitypope.com also seems to have them although it's unclear if they're listing UK or US sizes but they do show both 9.5and 10.5. They're in Canada and I don't know if they ship to the UK plus they're also pretty damn expensive. Also, have you noticed that new Pinkertons have that somewhat objectional "Red Ear" stamp on the heels? I don't know why so many places are only stocking whole sizes. It's kind of irritating.
    Fixed that for you [​IMG] Also, nothing at the downtown Rack zippy (which is weird, you'd think they'd want to stock that one with the best stuff?) except for a pair of Rabbits in black sz.6.

14. this_is_james

this_is_james Senior member

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Fixed that for you [​IMG]

Also, nothing at the downtown Rack zippy (which is weird, you'd think they'd want to stock that one with the best stuff?) except for a pair of Rabbits in black sz.6.

I once found starrs there a few years back. Other than that, no PS