• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

ebusch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Man, so mad. Finally found a pair of brown leather Corso after searching for a year, the only size is .5 to 1 size smaller than what I wear. I know Corso runs .5 size large, anyway I can fit if it is full size smaller?
I generally wear an 11US, and went a 1/2 size down to a 9.5UK for my Corsos. They still feel a little loose compared to my 10UK Ricards, and with thin socks I think I could have gotten away with a 9UK.

l8p2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ebusch
I generally wear an 11US, and went a 1/2 size down to a 9.5UK for my Corsos. They still feel a little loose compared to my 10UK Ricards, and with thin socks I think I could have gotten away with a 9UK.

Agree. I normally wear 10D US. For Corso, 8UK fits fine.

gwydion

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was hoping someone would be able to help me. Looking to pick up a pair of Ricards on the B&S sized at UK8/US9. I don't have any SF-approved footwear to compare this to. I wear a size 9 in vans. Would I be able to wear those or would they be too big/small.

Thanks in advance.

ebusch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
Was hoping someone would be able to help me. Looking to pick up a pair of Ricards on the B&S sized at UK8/US9. I don't have any SF-approved footwear to compare this to. I wear a size 9 in vans. Would I be able to wear those or would they be too big/small.
Hopefully someone else can help with the comparison to Vans, but in my experience Ricards are pretty close to being true to size. As stated above, I wear an 11US in most shoes, and I'm happy with how my 10UK/11US Ricards fit. That said, the width of your foot plays a big role. I think the reason the Corsos feel so big compared to the Ricards is that they are wider so you notice the extra room in the toe. In a narrower boot like the Ricard, the length isn't as much of a concern.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. I sized down with Ricards--that was a mistake. I sold them and went TTS and that was right.

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Yep. I sized down with Ricards--that was a mistake. I sold them and went TTS and that was right.

TTS as far as boots go or shoes or?

Like, in a lot of boots i seem to wear a size US7.5-8, but in shoes i wear US8.5 - 9 depending on the shoe.

I still haven't snagged a pair of Ricards, they're at the very top of my most wanted.

gwydion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
TTS as far as boots go or shoes or?

Like, in a lot of boots i seem to wear a size US7.5-8, but in shoes i wear US8.5 - 9 depending on the shoe.

I still haven't snagged a pair of Ricards, they're at the very top of my most wanted.

Yeah. I haven't owned a pair of proper boots ever so I don't know what my boot size is. I assume the above posters mean TTS in their boots?

ebusch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
Yeah. I haven't owned a pair of proper boots ever so I don't know what my boot size is. I assume the above posters mean TTS in their boots?
My experience is based on normal dress shoe sizing. I basically wear an 11D in everything, and a 10UK/11US Ricard fits me fine. I went down a half size for my Corsos, but probably could have gone down a full size.

racetrack

Reaction score
So where online does everyone buy their PS boots (besides the offical site of course)? Are there any sites with good deals to be had?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw the dip dye grays for the first time today, in wingtip (nash maybe?). Did want.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For about 8 months the paul smith store near me has had a pair of leopard print chelsea boots and a pair of leopard print tassel loafers in my size and marked down ridiculously low. I think the boots are the chittar model, but there is no way I could wear them.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW Milanclothing has 10% off entire orders with code Milan10 (not applicable to sale items) if anyone was planning on buying... not a massive discount but it drops the Bihars to 325.8 instead of 362

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
BTW Milanclothing has 10% off entire orders with code Milan10 (not applicable to sale items) if anyone was planning on buying... not a massive discount but it drops the Bihars to 325.8 instead of 362

They actually end up being $342 including shipping.
I ordered a pair from them on the 10th.
They appear to have used the slowest shipping method possible plus there's a UK postal strike going on.
Based on the limited tracking available, they finally left the UK a couple days ago after sitting in Coventry for over a week.

I had ordered from them before and received my order in about a week. At least they respond to emails quickly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads