1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Obscure High-End Japanese Trends You're Not Cool Enough For Megathread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tween_spirit, Jul 8, 2011.

1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

Thanks, some good stuff there. I really like the third look (the one where he is sitting and in sandals) a lot more than I would expect to, considering he is basically wearing a bowling shirt as a mid-layer.

fifth and last looks are stellar

2. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Hah, I like the bowling shirt look, too. That last look is so cool. Want all of it. I really like this look on the left also (it's from the full set in that link; was too lazy to post all of them)

[​IMG]

3. tween_spirit

http://tokyofashion.com/tokyo-fashion-week-2012-ss-pictures-reports/

Post up your favorites! Never thought to post this in the fall, but I'm sure a lot of these are available as lookbooks now, but it's kind of fun to look again through what is finally available in stores now, and how it was styled for the runway.

Whiz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phenomenon

[​IMG]

Facetasm which was sooo good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bryan_Funfetti

Bryan_Funfetti Senior member

Please tell me that's a Facetasm chainsaw strapped to that guy's back.

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

6. Hatch&Whisk

Hatch&Whisk Senior member

[​IMG]

this is glorious. does anyone other than LN-CC Stock this stuff? excited to see piece for piece

upon looking at other pictures, that is indeed a chainsaw shaped carry-all

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

It's the same look, only with a coat on. :)

8. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

I had my mind blown this Saturday when this girl I met said " ...when guys wear stuffs like Kiryu-Kiryu..."
    I always thought of the pronunciation as some weird "kiryu-y-rik" :embar: It is so adorable when an Asian girl says it

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I also thought that was the pronunciation haha. I was surprised to find out the truth!

Do you live in Japan?

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Oh man I wish. I'm in the US, I was at a theater to see a play. Thank goodness that girl was a Japanese and pronounced it like I do otherwise it would have been so embarrassing when I said "Is that a 'comu de garu son' ?" We started talking about relatively "obscure high-end japanese trends' and she was poking fun at how she has never seen a Japanese guy who were lanky and gloomy enough to look good in kyruyrik. She had such a pretty name too. "My name is Naomi but since you speak Japanese you can call me Na-O-Mi (Japanese pronunciation)" :inlove:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

It's true that Kiryuyrik looks out of place on a lot of people wearing it ... I think Fukiage from HARDI-VAGUE wears it the best I've seen. It is not really a gloomy brand, though!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Lane

Lane Senior member

yah, that shit aint gloomay, I like this new direction though...wear it like those bottom two guys. I would..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  13. sipang

sipang Senior member

Kapital lookbooks are the best

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. Lendo

Lendo Senior member

Wasn't exactly sure where else to post this, does anyone know if Silver & Gold takes international orders?

15. sipang

sipang Senior member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  16. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

As someone raised by and around Colorado Hippies, Kapital SS12 has a special place in my heart.

Can anyone speak for their quality?

1 person likes this.
  17. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Quote:

Yeah, it's kind of obscure, but it's written in romaji (western letters) almost as if you are seeing Kiryu in a mirror centred on the 'u'... So, BTW, if you're going to write it with a Capital 'K', it should be 'KiryuyriK', which makes it a bit more obvious... The designers are ex-Yohji aren't they? (god, why do I even know these things? The clothes themselves are so far from my way of dressing... I guess I just pick these things up having lived in Tokyo on and off for so long and knowing the kinds of people I do there).

1 person likes this.
  18. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

I have no idea if this fits under the rubric of "Obscure High-End Japanese Trends", but does someone know anything about Ryuichiro Shimazaki? I've seen some interesting things on Rakuten but google has not been too helpful... Thanks!

19. tween_spirit

Julian Zigerli

Julian Zigerli was born and raised in Switzerland. At age 20 Julian left for Germany to study fashion design at the University of Art Berlin(UDK). Julian was tutored by Professor Stephan Schneider throughout his studies. After graduating in 2010 he returned to his roots in Switzerland and founded his own label: 'Julian Zigerli'. One of the founding concepts of this label was to focus on constructing garments out of innovative swiss textiles. Julian's first collection ‘Sugar, Spice and everything nice’ A/W 11 was met with great success both nationally and Internationally. This collection was nominated for the Swiss design prize 2011.

Julian Zigerli’s men’s collection stands for useful, smart and technical high- class pieces with a sporty touch. There is always a lot of love, color, humour and positivity involved in his designs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. sipang

sipang Senior member

NOT JAPANESE though

[​IMG]

Backpacks shirts/jackets remain a risked proposition.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012