• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any info on or seen this in person? I think it's called the Marais Homme. There are a couple things from the 2018 lookbook that aren't on the site (including the Warm Rain).

MARAIS-HOMME2.jpg MARAIS-HOMME3.jpg 8hlpZr7.jpg

Zeke90

Reaction score
Hey guys, interested in the moscow. Not sure if i should get the medium. My sport blazer (slim) is a 40S, i dont wear suits/blazers often. Im worried about the sleeve length. Im about 180lb, 5’6 i do have short arms. Not sure whether to stick to M or size up

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, interested in the moscow. Not sure if i should get the medium. My sport blazer (slim) is a 40S, i dont wear suits/blazers often. Im worried about the sleeve length. Im about 180lb, 5’6 i do have short arms. Not sure whether to stick to M or size up

I wouldn't size up. I have the Moscow in M and I'm a 40R at 6' tall. I usually even wear a suit under the Moscow.

Zeke90

Reaction score
I wouldn't size up. I have the Moscow in M and I'm a 40R at 6' tall. I usually even wear a suit under the Moscow.

Ah i see, hows the sleeve length for you? i measured my blazer its about 60cm from the tip of the shoulder to where the sleeve ends. Im hoping the medium wont be too long even with a heavy knit or some other sweater

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
Anyone have any insights on the sizing for their Single Breasted Mid-length rain coat. An XL has only 18" shoulders which seems small for a rain coat. I would have guess that an XL would be much larger. If I am typically a 40R and sometimes a 42R (depending on the cut) would an XL be the right size for me?

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
Yes, if you want to use the liner. I also find the shoulders to be a bit narrow for the style of coat.

Thanks for the quick response.

If I just want to use it as is?

The shoulders seem really off for the dimensions of the coat, especially if you wanted to wear a sport coat underneath. The sleeve length and pit-to-pit seem out of wack compared to the shoulders.

(I may be able to snag from Spoo and not sure if the fit is right.)

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any insights on the sizing for their Single Breasted Mid-length rain coat. An XL has only 18" shoulders which seems small for a rain coat. I would have guess that an XL would be much larger. If I am typically a 40R and sometimes a 42R (depending on the cut) would an XL be the right size for me?

I am typically a 43L guy and I wear a XXL Single Breasted with the liner.

The shoulders measure narrow because of where the shoulder seam is placed, but it is not a generously wide coat. That said, I have worn my XXL with liner over suits and jackets for years and it's great.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am assuming you read the comments on this thread and/or searched NR on the NMWA thread. There are quite a few posts on sizing the SB raincoat.

The general recommendation is to go up a size if you want to wear the coat with the detachable interliner. Some have suggested going up yet another size if you want to wear the coat with interliner and a sport coat. That would be sizing up way too much for me.

If you are really closer to a 40R (vs a 42R), an XL should be more than adequate to wear the interliner and a sport coat. It will likely be a bit big in the body if you wear the coat on its own.

Also, cross check the measurements with other sources and perhaps ask the seller to confirm the measurements.

La Fin Du Monde

Reaction score
I am assuming you read the comments on this thread and/or searched NR on the NMWA thread. There are quite a few posts on sizing the SB raincoat.

The general recommendation is to go up a size if you want to wear the coat with the detachable interliner. Some have suggested going up yet another size if you want to wear the coat with interliner and a sport coat. That would be sizing up way too much for me.

If you are really closer to a 40R (vs a 42R), an XL should be more than adequate to wear the interliner and a sport coat. It will likely be a bit big in the body if you wear the coat on its own.

Also, cross check the measurements with other sources and perhaps ask the seller to confirm the measurements.

Thanks again for your responses. I did look and found it hard to know where to search. There is so much to comb through on the NMWA thread...

I am closer to a 40R than a 42 so I figured it would be fine and I am not sure of a Large would be better. It is from Spoo so I am confident in the accuracy of the measurements.

What is the detachable liner like? I saw one like this: https://norwegianrain.com/products/thermal-indie-lining-homme

And I don't think that is what you are referencing....

konix

Reaction score
Had the pleasure of visiting the Norwegian rain store in Tokyo. Tried on the M-65 along with the rive gauche.

My brother ended up with the rive gauche in a blue herringbone. The back pleat on it is beautiful.

425F400E-EA95-43EB-87FC-0070E786001B.jpeg DB34195D-4BC7-428B-943E-7D1879F453BC.jpeg 6D9A22AC-A00E-472E-B861-5B4C13F23699.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads