• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

il_colonnello

Reaction score
I assume he means he carries his metrocard in his wallet and does not want to carry the wallet in an external pocket.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume he means he carries his metrocard in his wallet and does not want to carry the wallet in an external pocket.

I see. I don't understand how that jibes with wishing there were more pockets externally.

Anyhow... congrats on the Moscow. One my favorite coats of all times. I really do love mine

il_colonnello

Reaction score

I see.  I don't understand how that jibes with wishing there were more pockets externally.  

I understood that bit as being the explanation for why he'd prefer a zipper over buttons. Button closures down the front of a garment can be more fiddly to undo than a zipper, if you just want to reach for sth in your breast pocket quickly.

This thread is probably as good a place as any to make a few general remarks on rainwear. I walk to work; I'd say on average on 1 out of 3 days when it's raining.

I have experimented with lots of different options, and my conclusion is this: Leaving the house without an umbrella when it's pouring is a tall order under any circumstances. Your get-up will need to fulfil at least the following three conditions:

a) Your raincoat, beside being properly water-proof, has a hood.
b) It's knee-long, or you're prepared to wear a pair of rain-proof overpants (which I don't; that's just too much hassle).
c) Your bag, if you are carrying one, is also rain-proof.

I could go on about c) (how many stylish water-proof bags have you seen?), but maybe that's for another thread. Anyway, as soon as only one of the above is not fulfilled, you're still going to have to take an umbrella - and if I take an umbrella, why wear rainwear in the first place? I might as well wear normal clothes, and enjoy being normally dressed when it stops raining.

Serious consideration - not to derail/hijack this thread, but I think anything that is not hooded and not at least knee-length is kinda pointless. Of course that rules out a ton of other labels' so-called "raincoats", but also quite a few by NR.

my two cents

jtj48

Reaction score
Anywhere to grab a knee length double breasted in M? Not seeing anything out there - but maybe I'm missing some retailers.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just dropped newly arrived DB in denim blue

jtj48

Reaction score
Yeah, saw that; liked that. But particularly after the longer version.

happyriverz

Reaction score
Anywhere to grab a knee length double breasted in M? Not seeing anything out there - but maybe I'm missing some retailers.

Norwegian Rain is pretty good about direct ordering if you just shoot them an email asking for your size, if you can't find what you want from their stockists.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dusting off this thread for a sale, figuring this thread might actually get more eyeballs than B&S. Two NR SBs for sale. Links in my signature. Both $400+ below the retail price. PM me if interested.

1. SB + Liner in Mixed Black, L. I found this before I knew to size up and never got around to listing it. Tags still attached. Looks so damn good in black.

2. SB + Liner in Mixed Navy, XXL. Other end of the spectrum, I sized up for this to go over suiting (and it does, very nicely), but I just don't need this and the Moscow, which is the "just right" of my NR collection. No tags but only worn once—it's new. The navy is ideal w/ suiting.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dusting off this thread for a sale, figuring this thread might actually get more eyeballs than B&S. Two NR SBs for sale. Links in my signature. Both $400+ below the retail price. PM me if interested.

1. SB + Liner in Mixed Black, L. I found this before I knew to size up and never got around to listing it. Tags still attached. Looks so damn good in black.

2. SB + Liner in Mixed Navy, XXL. Other end of the spectrum, I sized up for this to go over suiting (and it does, very nicely), but I just don't need this and the Moscow, which is the "just right" of my NR collection. No tags but only worn once—it's new. The navy is ideal w/ suiting.

If only you had like, a medium...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TheLondoner

Reaction score
Are the Moscow and the single breasted with liner comparable in terms of warmth? Any idea how they compare to, say, a Primaloft 100 g/sqm lining?

Do they both have handwarmers, or the single breasted only?

How many internal pockets do they have?

Can you keep a small glass case in the pockets or would it bulge too much?

How much do they weigh? Much more than a technical parka by Arcteryx Patagonia etc?

Is the waterproofing comparable to GoreTex and other similar membranes?

Can you remove the furry collar from the Moscow but keep the hood on?

Thanks!

TheLondoner

Reaction score
the SB with the liner inside is a true winter coat.
Dos the single-breasted have any insulation at all if you wear it without the liner? The liner is only a vest, so don't arms stay a bit coldish?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads