• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

callofkudzu8

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on sizing with the Norwegian Rain Bumfreezer. There's one posted by Luxeswap and I'm thinking of getting in on the bidding. In short, I think it is a little big for me, just wanting to think through if it would still work and just be a little roomy.

I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs, and wear a size 40 jacket and carry a little more of that around the waist, often wear size 35 trousers. I do have a NR Moscow in a medium, and this fits pretty well. Certainly not big but not tight either.

I know the general advice is that the Moscow is a relaxed fit and if I wear the M well, the trimmer Bumfreezer size large would be ideal for me... although there's potential around the waist it could be tight.

Does anyone think the XL Bumfreezer will be too big? Or just a roomy-but-acceptable fit?

Please someone tell me it'll work ok and I should get in on the bidding ?

Ah, it's one of the blacked out anniversary Bumfreezers... perhaps I should get in on the bidding action. I have similar stats to you - 5'9", 170-175 lbs, wear a size 40 jacket (~39" chest) and have a Bumfreezer in L. It fits nicely - I think I can squeeze a sweater underneath but definitely a vest, and it's not huge on me. I do cinch down the waist adjusts but don't think the jacket is particularly tight around the waist regardless. I think XL would be roomy but acceptable.

kalenov

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time posting.
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the Moscow. I was just curious what the ballpark estimate would be for the DHL import fee/duties I would be hit with, ordering from the US.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kalenov you might be able to get one in the US via No Man Walks Alone, or if they don't have your size in stock right now, you might at least be able to look at the price difference to infer what the import fees might be

gurakshun

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get one of these limited edition Norwegian Rain x JohnBull rainchos but I am on the fence. As you can see the primary difference is the addition of the large pockets on the front i.e. the Nesta Falck pockets except scaled up. Does this ruin the Raincho or add to it? Would you go with the regular version or this one, if you had the choice?
8690c76f555fda75e728dfccce832c6b.jpg
1-1024x546.jpg

kalenov

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a medium Moscow Homme in mixed black directly from NR.
For the sake of helping others if they're curious what the import cost would be the US, so they're not caught off guard.
Having it delivered to my house in Indiana, it came to an extra 240 for the import duties/taxes.

gurakshun

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a medium Moscow Homme in mixed black directly from NR.
For the sake of helping others if they're curious what the import cost would be the US, so they're not caught off guard.
Having it delivered to my house in Indiana, it came to an extra 240 for the import duties/taxes.
Yes, I got hit with a 240 import cost on a raincho too. Seems to be consistent...

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Is the Moscow sized the same as the DB or a bit more generously to account for layers underneath? Thanks!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the Moscow sized the same as the DB or a bit more generously to account for layers underneath? Thanks!
Very different shapes and fit. SB and DB have straight slim shapes while Moscow has a roomy A shape. Many customers need to size up for SB and DB to allow for layering. No need to size up for Moscow

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I was bidding on a Luxeswap auction for one. 9 minutes from end I got outbid at around $375 and stopped. It ended up going for $556. 😳

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an amazing deal for a Moscow

rcoburn45

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to get a liner for my SB coat to make a multi-season coat (I live in Minnesota). It would be ideal if I was still able to wear over a suit (plenty of room currently without the liner). Would the sleeves on the liner make it impossible to wear over a suit, and would the vest liner option be the better choice?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to get a liner for my SB coat to make a multi-season coat (I live in Minnesota). It would be ideal if I was still able to wear over a suit (plenty of room currently without the liner). Would the sleeves on the liner make it impossible to wear over a suit, and would the vest liner option be the better choice?
I wear the liner with sleeves all winter over tailoring. That being said, I did size up from my usual S to an M.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can any Raincho owners chime in about how it wears as a regular coat during the cold season? It gets to the low 30s during the coldest months where I live and am wondering if this is warm enough to wear without having to get a liner

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I managed to get a Moscow at a good price from Yahoo Japan auction; i wore it today for the first time, and while I was concerned about it being too hot it was fine. I don't love the slightly shapeless cut but it feels amazing on. My biggest issue is that it is so complicated, with so many buttons, flaps and press studs that I literally need an instruction manual. I have no idea what everything is meant to do. Does such a thing exist?

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to get a Moscow at a good price from Yahoo Japan auction; i wore it today for the first time, and while I was concerned about it being too hot it was fine. I don't love the slightly shapeless cut but it feels amazing on. My biggest issue is that it is so complicated, with so many buttons, flaps and press studs that I literally need an instruction manual. I have no idea what everything is meant to do. Does such a thing exist?
Email their customer service, they will be very helpful in providing written instructions

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads