• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say the liner makes a one-size difference. For example I wear a 40R for suits. I wear my size Medium Moscow over my suit. For the DB, I wear an XL with the liner to wear over my suit. Without the liner, I think the Large DB would work.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the Norwegian Rain fans, we collaborated with Alex and Michael to create 10 units each of a special edition Moscow and Bumfreezer with black shearling on black outer. Happy 10th anniversary guys ! ???

Email marketing squares.jpg

axroox

Reaction score
I would say the liner makes a one-size difference. For example I wear a 40R for suits. I wear my size Medium Moscow over my suit. For the DB, I wear an XL with the liner to wear over my suit. Without the liner, I think the Large DB would work.
Yes - my experience as well. My liner has full sleeves, so the arms feel particularly snug. BTW, NMWA is the best way to buy one of these. They’ll help you make an educated guess about the sizing, but if it doesn’t work out returns are fast and free. They are the best in the business.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a potential bargain:

S/B medium, mid-brown. It looks like they post to UK only but if anyone here who is non-UK (likely) gets it I will happily receive and post it on.
If I hadn't recently got the D/B I would be all over this.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'd like to get some Moscow sizing advice, as I think I'm right in between a M and L.

I'm 5'9", 175lbs, have a 40 inch chest and normally wear a 40R jacket but have slimmer shoulders and sometimes fit into a fuller cut 38R. I have an athletic build and have a little extra weight around the mid section, often wear a size 34 or 35 waist trouser.

Based on measurements on NMWA it seems I'm in between M and L. Kyle at NMWA figures an M might be better for me and would still allow some layering. I'd like to have some layers but dont need to layer up too much, as inline on the west coast of Canada so it is rarely below -5c.

I appreciate Kyle's advice but would like some additional opinions as returns from Canada is troublesome.

Can anyone offer some advice on what size Moscow might be best? Thanks in advance.

Not sure whether or not you received all the responses you needed to make a call - but I'd like to confirm that medium is 110% the right choice for you. I'm 5'10", between 180-185lbs, have a 40 inch chest and have broad shoulders. I wear a size 34 waist. I ordered the M and the L. The L was absolutely massive on me, and did not look good.

Here are some pics of me in the M (I was about 185-190lbs in these pics). Unfortunately, I apparently deleted the pics of me in the L.

1605102736877.png

1605102750945.png

Beav

Reaction score
Not sure whether or not you received all the responses you needed to make a call - but I'd like to confirm that medium is 110% the right choice for you. I'm 5'10", between 180-185lbs, have a 40 inch chest and have broad shoulders. I wear a size 34 waist. I ordered the M and the L. The L was absolutely massive on me, and did not look good.

Here are some pics of me in the M (I was about 185-190lbs in these pics). Unfortunately, I apparently deleted the pics of me in the L.

View attachment 1494724
View attachment 1494725
Thanks! I appreciate this, I have even more confidence that pulling the trigger on a M was the right choice. I got a blacked out Moscow from NMWA.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate this, I have even more confidence that pulling the trigger on a M was the right choice. I got a blacked out Moscow from NMWA.

Awesome! Yeah, surprisingly, I don't think the NR Moscow looks great "oversized". So M to me is unequivocally the right choice.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It already has an A-shape, relaxed cut (unlike the SB, for example) so there's no need to size up for Moscow. Same for M-65

Kalec

Reaction score
Bought a new S-Cape from their Japanese store, can't wait to see how it will fit in wardrobe. :p

callofkudzu8

Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to the Aviator Hybrid? I was looking at last year's pre-order post and it caught my eye, but there's no other detail on SF or even on the web. Best guess is that it never came to fruition?

gurakshun

Reaction score
According to Instagram, there is apparently a watch collaboration with Unimatic watches coming out soon....

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is anyone tall (>6'3) wearing the Raincho? Id like one, but worried it would be too short on me

41L35W

Reaction score
Fun portrait of T Michael on display at the Bryggen Museum:
EF89C307-A7F1-4F02-B2BD-1E4E685B2F3F.jpeg

Beav

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on sizing with the Norwegian Rain Bumfreezer. There's one posted by Luxeswap and I'm thinking of getting in on the bidding. In short, I think it is a little big for me, just wanting to think through if it would still work and just be a little roomy.

I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs, and wear a size 40 jacket and carry a little more of that around the waist, often wear size 35 trousers. I do have a NR Moscow in a medium, and this fits pretty well. Certainly not big but not tight either.

I know the general advice is that the Moscow is a relaxed fit and if I wear the M well, the trimmer Bumfreezer size large would be ideal for me... although there's potential around the waist it could be tight.

Does anyone think the XL Bumfreezer will be too big? Or just a roomy-but-acceptable fit?

Please someone tell me it'll work ok and I should get in on the bidding ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads