• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

ndeane

Reaction score
The lining isn't very thick, as in it wouldn't be mistaken for a down jacket. I'm not sure if this is useful but here's a photo looking at the thickness of the lining. The fit issue was more in the shoulders, the coat is fairly fitted across the chest and in the shoulders with high armholes, which looks great but makes it a little less forgiving fit-wise. I have a single breasted coat as well and it fits more like suit jacket than an overcoat, which I really like.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have other questions!

MoscowFemmelining.jpg

ndeane

Reaction score
Thanks, assuming these are exterior, do you know how thick the lining is roughly? Where was it too tight on your wife? 37 inch waist seems really big for an XS
Sorry! New guy mucked up the reply, please see the new post for info!

Kalec

Reaction score
Wonder if warm rain is as insulated as Moscow since they have wool or shearling lining.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if warm rain is as insulated as Moscow since they have wool or shearling lining.
Definitely not as warm as Moscow. Warm Rain’s lining is more like a suit fabric than shearling. It’s inherently more warm than the normal viscose lining, but nowhere as near as the arctic lining or the shearling panels in the Moscow.

Kalec

Reaction score
Definitely not as warm as Moscow. Warm Rain’s lining is more like a suit fabric than shearling. It’s inherently more warm than the normal viscose lining, but nowhere as near as the arctic lining or the shearling panels in the Moscow.
Thanks for clarification. Was eyeing on a warm rain in black for winter wardrobe, now is going to give it a try since not that cold winter in my region tho...

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They made the Warm Rain specifically for those who wanted a bit more temperature insulation than the regular lining, but don’t want or need the bulk or warmth of the arctic series.

Shape wise, it’s a great looking raincoat. The lapels are beautiful and really being out T Michael’s tailoring expertise.

Kalec

Reaction score
They made the Warm Rain specifically for those who wanted a bit more temperature insulation than the regular lining, but don’t want or need the bulk or warmth of the arctic series.

Shape wise, it’s a great looking raincoat. The lapels are beautiful and really being out T Michael’s tailoring expertise.
Where I live the climate is quite like NYC generally, I am worrying about Moscow being over warm in A\W.

Dunno why they discontinued warm rain, it seems to me as a equilibrium point between SB and Moscow.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where I live the climate is quite like NYC generally, I am worrying about Moscow being over warm in A\W.

Dunno why they discontinued warm rain, it seems to me as a equilibrium point between SB and Moscow.
We couldn't sell them at all. I was surprised but the market speaks, and it says that people don't understand this style or simply don't like the look of it. Go figure.

Kalec

Reaction score
We couldn't sell them at all. I was surprised but the market speaks, and it says that people don't understand this style or simply don't like the look of it. Go figure.
Surely a shame that they didn't apply wool lining on SB or Geneve style as an alternative for arctic collection.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the Warm Rain gone for good? Or return for fall?

Im thinking about getting a Raincho, with the hope that its loose enough so wearing it on top of cotton or wool jacket, i.e., something to just throw over whatever I'm wearing. Would that work?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not in the FW lineup currently - but it may come back in a later season, I guess.

Kalec

Reaction score
Dunno, but it is still available from Japanese retailer, but previous season from older collection.

happyriverz

Reaction score
is the Warm Rain gone for good? Or return for fall?

Im thinking about getting a Raincho, with the hope that its loose enough so wearing it on top of cotton or wool jacket, i.e., something to just throw over whatever I'm wearing. Would that work?

yeah it definitely has enough volume to throw it over another jacket.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the S-cape is still in production? It's not on their website

Kalec

Reaction score
Have anyone cleaned their moscow before?

I have emailed NR directly and they told me that shearling and quilted padding will flatten if machine washed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads