• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

parisiandez

Reaction score
Bought an old model from the the parisian store at -50%. It was a good deal !

Attachments

• NORV.jpg
    NORV.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 587

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Goddamn, I want about 3 of their coats so badly, but they are rather pricy. I might spring for one if I hit a payday.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought an old model from the the parisian store at -50%. It was a good deal !
Looks like the original single breasted. Very nice cut, iirc. What store is that. The interior looks like a store I visited in Le Marais.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Moscow too warm for Bay Area weather? I run cold FWIW. I just really like that shearling collar.

Plan on wearing it over a sweater or light knit at most. Maybe a tee.

Also really like the look of the ECCO X NORWEGIAN RAIN.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would say definitely too warm for Bay Area, but you run cold, so...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very tempting. If it is as warm as made out to be it’ll be super toasty by throwing over just a long sleeve tee or thermal. The fabric Norwegian Rain uses also seems super robust so I wouldn’t mind wearing while driving (because wrinkles as with some other long coats) or just tossing it off when too warm indoors (unlike wool coats).

How do you still like your mixed black Moscow @FrankCowperwood ?

parisiandez

Reaction score
Looks like the original single breasted. Very nice cut, iirc. What store is that. The interior looks like a store I visited in Le Marais.
Yes that the single breasted in black herringbone. And its the store at le marais. ( i live 20min to le Marais in paris)THis one was XS and was like a slim coat.
But after wearing this 1 day i wanted a more oversize so i took the Double breasted navy blue. I liked him so much that i wanted another one. Especially after meeting the creators during an event they organized last month. Here is a pic of the "S" size.

lemas.JPG

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very tempting. If it is as warm as made out to be it’ll be super toasty by throwing over just a long sleeve tee or thermal. The fabric Norwegian Rain uses also seems super robust so I wouldn’t mind wearing while driving (because wrinkles as with some other long coats) or just tossing it off when too warm indoors (unlike wool coats).

How do you still like your mixed black Moscow @FrankCowperwood ?
It’s an excellent coat! But definitely heavy duty. My guess is almost certainly too warm for Bay Area.

there are some other NR jackets with a shearling collar aren’t there?Something without the arctic liner!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s an excellent coat! But definitely heavy duty. My guess is almost certainly too warm for Bay Area.

there are some other NR jackets with a shearling collar aren’t there?Something without the arctic liner!

I have an S-cape and love it dearly, it comes with the shearling collar. It might be my favourite piece of clothing period. Here is a fit from yesterday with it:

1585525262632.png

The nice thing is that it fits oversized, so if it does get really cold, you can layer lots of warm goodies under it. Here I'm wearing a thick shearling hoodie and wool sweater underneath.

Kalec

Reaction score
Really like their design with technical material. Wonder ever they have a sale yet.

Only find DUE WEST and SLOW offer an attractive price for those... But all in femme.

BTW Due west has a noir femme XS for about 400 bucks.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never really seen a sale for Norwegian Rain. Love their products and it's perfect for that little niche of technical gear that still looks classic for me. Maybe best option is to look on the secondhand market, but pickings are slim and prices aren't that low on Ebay when I last checked. I was trying to sell my like new Warm Rain coat for $450 but didn't get any offers, so not sure what kind of prices people are looking to try the brand at.
IMG_20200209_173112.jpg
WARM+RAIN5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads