• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a known scam - so probably better no to post links to it

tobehknese

Reaction score
hey gents, how's the sizing on NORWEGIAN RAIN Rive Gauche technical-fabric trench coat? If I am a size 52 in suits and want to wear it over tailoring. Is a Large too small?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
hey gents, how's the sizing on NORWEGIAN RAIN Rive Gauche technical-fabric trench coat? If I am a size 52 in suits and want to wear it over tailoring. Is a Large too small?
I am as size 40, and a medium fits fine over leather, albeit with short arms. I would guess that an L would be fine for you.

tobehknese

Reaction score
Th
I am as size 40, and a medium fits fine over leather, albeit with short arms. I would guess that an L would be fine for you.
Thx fok but matches just sold out the last piece! Do u have any fit pic of u wearing it? It doesn’t seem like an easy style to pull off as it’s already quite cliche today to wear a raincoat I feel

EDITED: it resurfaced so i had to snatch it. hopefully it will all work out.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Th

Thx fok but matches just sold out the last piece! Do u have any fit pic of u wearing it? It doesn’t seem like an easy style to pull off as it’s already quite cliche today to wear a raincoat I feel

EDITED: it resurfaced so i had to snatch it. hopefully it will all work out.
Yeah, I'll bring it out and take a pic. I wear it wide open, like a cloak, or cinched up, in which case I look like a Jedi. It's really pretty dramatic.

tobehknese

Reaction score
C15431CE-517B-4B17-AC61-97B972D45C4D.jpeg

Got the rive gauche today. Decided to return it. Went tts but it’s not enough to wear over a suit. Plus the weight is ridiculously heavy for my climate.

@LA Guy

BFD20354-2D8F-448E-B29C-9F1CBF018277.jpeg

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
View attachment 924150

Got the rive gauche today. Decided to return it. Went tts but it’s not enough to wear over a suit. Plus the weight is ridiculously heavy for my climate.

@LA Guy

View attachment 924110
Huh, I think that it looks good, but yeah, it might be a bit much for Hong Kong. I live in Moscow, ID, and it is below freezing right now, and am from Kingston, Ontario, where it will not be spring for at least another month and a half (meaning - snow starts to melt for good), so we definitely have different needs.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a used Moscow jacket from an older season. Is it just me or is the hood too short, or its placement too low? Maybe I have a long neck but when I put the hood on, my head is pretty much touching the "roof" and stretching the hood vertically and sometimes, uncomfortably. Did anyone else experience this?

Also, what is the small leather flap on outside of the hood for? It just hangs and looks sad when I wear it, kind of an annoyance.

All in all, definitely think the Moscow looks better (amazing) without a hood.

On a related note, one of the copper button-stud things in the hood is cracked, where would one repair something like that?

Asian Afro

Reaction score
For me, Moscow's good for below -20C temperatures with a heavy knit.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
-20c and below I don’t bother to layer just bring out some proper down jacket...

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.