1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

*** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** - Rainchos, S-Capes, Rive Gauche coa

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 30, 2016.

1. mythage

mythage Distinguished Member

Looking for some advice here for a new NR coat --

Would the Moscow be too warm for winters here in Vancouver (0-5 degrees celsius)? Would the single breasted rain coat be more suitable perhaps? Looking to wear it with just a shirt and sweater. I'm seeing that the moscow is suitable for temperatures hitting -20...

Any input would be appreciated

2. TheLondoner

TheLondoner Well-Known Member

How long is a piece of string? Temperature ratings are so subjective...

Maybe if you can describe what you find comfortable in those temperatures you could get some kind of benchmark - e.g. primaloft 100g/sqm, a specific down coat, etc.

I would wear the Moscow in the conditions you describe; I'd probably find it too warm for London, where, even if temperatures hit 0-5C in one day, there's a strong chance they'll be higher during the day. But then, again, I see people wearing just a tshirt when I already have some insulation layers, and I see tourists with down jackets in September that make me sweat profusely just looking at them!

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Not too warm for those temps.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

0 to 5 you can wear it unbutton with sweater under and it will look awesome

5. mythage

mythage Distinguished Member

6. Doktor Corn

Doktor Corn Well-Known Member

I’ve read here that you should size up for the SB and DB models but what about the Moscow? One store’s description mentioned sizing down for a slim fit. For reference, I’m 5’8” and I have a 37” chest.

7. happyriverz

happyriverz Senior Member

Would not recommend sizing down on Moscow: it's not really oversized -- just has a slightly more A-line silhouette than the single/double breasted (those two are more columnar for lack of a better word). I would stay TTS.

8. TheLondoner

9. Ennius

Ennius Senior Member

I wear size 42 and my XL Moscow hits well which is damn strange as I almost always wear L.......

Question: any guess how the fit for the Single Breasted or Double Breasted? Or would the Geneve maybe be a better fit?

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You'd need an XL without Arctic liner for SB and DB, or an XXL with the liner (or if you wear on top of a suit consistently)

11. Ennius

Ennius Senior Member

Thanks
    Should I think of NW sizes on a different scale than usual? There is no other brand that I would ever consider wearing as XXL in, for example.

Would a good tailor be able to reduce sleeve length on a XXL, as my XL is already a bid too long?

Do you have plans to carry the Blue Herringbone material in orders? It looks to be a truly great color.....

12. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

I just saw this while riding the elevator in my XXL single breasted with liner over a sweater. I’m 6’2” and typically a 42L.

0959A9A0-61B2-43DC-9225-2AAA73CCD1CC.jpeg

13. Ennius

Ennius Senior Member

14. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

15. TheLondoner

I remember reporting the scam site to Norwegian Rain a few months ago. I would have bet I mentioned it here, too, but I can't find the post.