• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:laugh:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm an Apple hater, and last month went to Verizon to re-up my contract and decide on a) a swank Droid phone, or b) decide to wait for the swank upcoming Droid Bionic.

Played around on the Droids, then as an afterthought, played with an iPhone 4....

I have to say the iPhone completely blew me away, and both me and my Apple hating fiance left with iPhones.

I hate Apple as much as the next guy but damn, I have to think the only people who hate iPhones are the ones who have never used them.

The Android phones just looked like crap in comparison.

And as far as specs go, the iPhone seems to run circles around even the dual core phones. I play a bit of Gun Bros and Eternity Warriors (2 pretty intensive games) by Glu Mobile, and have NEVER had a slowdown on my phone....but I've seen them lag to hell on dual core Android.

I'd have to go along with Mouse on this one, the iPhone 4 is king, and I hate to admit it. Guess I owe Steve Jobs an apology for talking all that good **** I've been talking.

Anyway, I do hope the 5 looks like the 4, so the fanboys don't talk **** to me. (A fanboy actually gave me **** for getting the 4 at the store, said I should have waited for the 5).

Oh, and guys, never ever buy your Otterbox cases from the carrier. Amazon has a way better selection of the Defender series (carrier neutral) for 15 - 25 dollars.

As far as Android users switching over to iPhones....I'm not sure about that.... since it would mean re-buying the apps you like on a different platform.

I am no fanboy though, and don't think Apple's dominance can possibly last forever. I give iOS 2 years before Android catches up in the phone market. Much sooner for the tablet market.

I'm one of these guys who hates Apple and loves Google, and will give Android another chance in 2 years, but until then, it's iPhone or bust for me.

edit: Oh before you all think I'm an idiot for dropping $199 on an iPhone 4 knowing a 5 was right around the corner....big V gave me a 50 dollar discount for being an existing customer, and then offered a $100 VZW giftcard for mailing in my old featurephone, which I received already. My 4 cost me 50 bucks after rebates, and I am incredibly happy with it.

I even got the white version and a white Otterbox to show it off. Black is so boring.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^same here converted apple hater as of june last year, **** I got an imac too so glad I didn't click the submit order on that dell page I feel like I dodged a bullet

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My main problem with android (particularly the captivate) is the screens look amazing but they're too ******* big. It seems Iphones are just right size wise.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think they're about to up the size of the iPhone 5 if the rumors are accurate. Actually I welcome a slightly (just slightly) larger screen.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think they're about to up the size of the iPhone 5 if the rumors are accurate. Actually I welcome a slightly (just slightly) larger screen.

I posted a short while ago that if it is larger the maximum they will go is 3.7 inches. That would allow them to keep the same screen resolution they have now and still count as a "retina display." Any larger and the pixel density will drop below the the magic number that Apple has been pushing. It's a good size too as 4 inches is too large, in my opinion.

Interzone

Reaction score

I am no fanboy though, and don't think Apple's dominance can possibly last forever. I give iOS 2 years before Android catches up in the phone market. Much sooner for the tablet market.
I'm one of these guys who hates Apple and loves Google, and will give Android another chance in 2 years, but until then, it's iPhone or bust for me.

Isn't WP7 supposed to be the next big thing?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LOL is it? IMO WP7 is DOA.

WP7 is actually really cool. The Metro UI is unique and functions well. It's nice to see someone try to think different (see what I did there?) and not copy Apple.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That so? Interesting. I just automatically assume WP7 will be a colossal failure like all other Windows phones.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That so? Interesting. I just automatically assume WP7 will be a colossal failure like all other Windows phones.

The old Windows phones sold well enough back in the day. It really wasn't till the iPhone hit and Apple redefined what a smartphone should be, that the sales tanked.

Microsoft took a big leap and threw out everything that was Windows Phone and started from scratch. Windows 7 is a whole new platform from the ground up. The problem is consumer and retailer confusion. People walk into a store and assume it's not that much different then the old Windows Phones. It does not help that ignorant sales staff at retailers have pushed this message too. Not that Microsoft doesn't share some of the blame here. They called it Windows Phone 7, which was a horrible mistake. They should have created a new brand around the platform, like they did with Xbox. Separate it entirely from the past. I always thought METRO would have been a good name, since that's what they call the new UI anyways.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah honestly I assumed it was just more of the same, myself.

Heh, co-worker come to find out, has a penchant for HP reverse notation calculators like me, so I was showing off my HP12C app to him. He whipped out his Windows phone to see if they had a 12C app, they didn't, he got angry, came to work the next week with an Android.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads