Official new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sonick, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Please explain.

Actually, I may pay the $199 and then turn it into an iPhone 5 in October. I was talking to someone last night and if you get a replacement through Apple it does not affect your contract. So I can get the iPhone 5 (whatever it is called) when it comes out and sell a slightly used iPhone 4 with NO contract for big $$$. I am not totally sure I am going this route but after one day it has been hell not having it.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Shit, if that's the case then do it. You could sell the iP4 for $400-ish easy. I thought you were going to have to renew for 2 more years, thus locking yourself out of the iP5.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Rumors are hitting hard that the next iPhone and a cheaper version of the iPhone 4 are going to hit all the major carriers. That means SPRINT and T-Mobile. If this turns out to be true, it will be interesting to see how this affects Android's sales numbers. My gut tells me that you are going to see major drops across all carriers in this regard while the iPhones become each best selling handset. I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything, but do think most Android handsets have been selling to people who would rather have an iPhone, but cannot or do not want to switch carriers.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

True to a certain extent. The Droids still sell very well even though Big V now has the iPhone. I think there are more people who will avoid anything Apple than you realize.

Rumor out today is that the phone is going to look exactly like the iP4 and not have the larger screen.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

Yes, but some context is needed here. When they got the iPhone 4, it was old news. Had been out for a while. You really lost that "new iPhone" excitement that they will have when the 5 launches.

EDIT: Also, I believe the iPhone on Verizon is outselling their Android phones by a good margin. The question will become, how much will that increase with the 5?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

yup can't wait. my best source, an ios dev guy, told me this past weekend that october 5th was the day. pretty damn close. that may be the day iOS 5 goes wide. the Gold Master of iOS is set to be released any day now for final testing. i really like the beta so far.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

7. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

any reliable rumors on exactly what the iPhone 5's features will be? I'm a happy iPhone 4 owner - curious to konw if it will be worth it to upgrade.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

awesome. I have a 4, but when I upgraded from my 3 they never made me renew my contract - so I'm off contract and month to month with at&t. probably gonna pick up the 5 and switch over to verizon.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

probably doing the same. still on 3gs at ATT. i will say ATT has been lately for me.

the ones that seem to repeat themselves are:
    A5 processor
    8MP camera
    slightly (SLIGHTLY) better battery. i forget the actual spec, but if the 4 is 1400mAh, the 5 is rumored to be 1420mAh. whatever it is, it's pretty much the same.

i will say that iOS 5 runs very slow on my 3GS, which I expected. the 4 handles it very well, but my dev friends are like robots on crack on their phones changing between Twitter, email, foursquare, facebook, back to twitter, back to facebook, etc. and it slows down at times. the A5 processor should squash that issue. my friend said the iPad2 seemed to handle those tasks a little easier

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

And you didn't post this, why?

Now that's not quite so easy to pin down. There are several rumors flying about. One is that this will be identical to the 4 but with the new processor, more memory, and better camera. One is that this will have a new wider screen, thinner body, and all the aforementioned goodies. Another is that both of the above will be released at the same time, with the 4S being a low cost option.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

he's been wrong before, just like every person guessing.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

About time. I had a 4, then lost it under questionable circumstances and had to go back to my 1, which I've been using since. My 3gs having been thrown at a brick wall.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

We REALLY have to get drunk together some time.

14. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Very happy with my iPhone 4. Probably will hold onto it a while and it is fairly new. Great device.

Next toy is an iPad 3.