1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sonick, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Shrug. The antenna problem is real but in practice completely negligible. You should try using one instead of just believing the anti-hype.
    Yeah seriously. I posted about how the iPhone 4 was a big disaster for Apple...well, I got a 4 and I couldn't be happier. The phone works perfectly fine. The antenna thing is a non-starter, btw--the phone's made of glass, you better have it in a case.
    I'm not opposed to the iPhone in any way. Don't lump me in with Slim. In fact, I think its the best overall platform on the market. All I'm wondering is how people are buying a product with a known defect? They haven't admitted to a fix yet, right? Nor did they announce anything when the free case program ended. Its almost like the whole thing never happened.

2. jet

jet Senior member

I can't detect any defects with my phone, been 5 months of flawless pimpin.

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

My 3GS died tonight so I'll be moving to the 4 sooner than expected. Fortunately I have a spare 3G that I'm now syncing. [​IMG]

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Don't lump me in with Slim.

The box. You opened it. We came.
    [​IMG]

5. breakz

breakz Senior member

wait, wut? you got one now?

Yup. Awesome phone. StarTac wasn't cutting it.

The defect is really a non-issue. I've lost zero calls because of it, and I knew I wouldn't lose any bc of how I hold the phone.

I bought a phone with a known defect bc (a) I was going to get a case anyway, and (b) I'm locked to AT&T so I don't have any other good phone options. Still, I'm happy with the 4.

6. flyfish2205

flyfish2205 New Member

You can find more information about ipad jailbreak with Spirit (Windows)

7. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/13/an-...=Google+Reader

8. ad_infinitum

ad_infinitum Senior member

Horrible phone, awesome computer. Phone call quality sucks, everyone tells me I sound like I am on the speakerphone all the time. Same with couple of other friends. I have never dropped as many phone calls with my old sony ericsson in three years as I did with Iphone 4 in the first month. Same carrier.

Otherwise, It works and looks beautiful. Yes, for some reason I keep buying apple products even though they have major flaws. At least they are pretty and have some awesome design features.

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Had no problems at all with mine; no reception issues, good phone quality, etc.

Never quite understood the hype behind the antenna flaw, as I've never seen an iphone 4 outside of a case...

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Never quite understood the hype behind the antenna flaw, as I've never seen an iphone 4 outside of a case...
    Perhaps you've seen a circular logic? [​IMG]

11. jet

jet Senior member

Had no problems at all with mine; no reception issues, good phone quality, etc.

7 months, no case, no problems everything is gravy

best phone i've ever had will never buy another nokia, motorola, se, etc again

12. holymadness

^^ Since it came out on 24 June, your math is a bit off, but yes I generally agree.

13. jarude

jarude Senior member

Anyone have any experience with Canadian carriers? Phone is dying and I want a fun new toy, but I'm really hesitant about getting it through the backdoor from Bell again.

14. holymadness

Then why go with Bell? All Canadian carriers offer plans for the iPhone (Bell, Rogers, Telus, Fido, Virgin, etc.)

15. jarude

jarude Senior member

Precisely why I was asking - if anyone had any experience with any other carrier regarding rates, plans, experiences regarding tech support, etc.

16. holymadness

A forum of (mostly) Americans isn't the best place to find out. Just ask your friends and co-workers.

17. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

18. jarude

jarude Senior member

thanks much for the link.

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

thanks much for the link.
    No problem. If you come up with an answer you should post it here in case someone else ends up with the same issue.

20. phreak

phreak Senior member

I'm looking for recommendations for a nice, 100% leather case for my iphone 4, my leather guy isn't interested. It should be something slim and one where the entire phone comes out of the case, like a pocket.

Bonus points for SF affiliates.

Thanks in advance