Official new iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sonick, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

HM,

What's this regular vs. HDR thing? Is this a setting that is togglable on the phone?

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

^ya you just hit a button where you been

I actually prefer the non-hdr pics.

3. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

HM,

What's this regular vs. HDR thing? Is this a setting that is togglable on the phone?

It's a feature of iOS 4.1. Since you're jailbroken, you must still be using 4.0.1.

You'll be able to upgrade and re-jailbreak in a couple weeks' time as a bootrom exploit has been found to allow jailbreaking across all Apple devices running v.4 of iOS.

4. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

It's a feature of iOS 4.1. Since you're jailbroken, you must still be using 4.0.1.

You'll be able to upgrade and re-jailbreak in a couple weeks' time as a bootrom exploit has been found to allow jailbreaking across all Apple devices running v.4 of iOS.

Is there anything except the photo-taking upgrade that is substantial in 4.1?

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_708761.html my face has stopped accidentally choosing screen options during conversations.

6. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Quite a few phones can take HDR photos, MS. Not just iPhones.

8. holymadness

9. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

Gentleman, I am thinking of picking up the Iphone4. Will be using it in India though, so I need it unlocked. Best to pick up in the US and jailbreak or should I source one from Hong Kong or something?

10. holymadness

The iOS (4.1) that the new iPhone is running is not jailbreakable. This may change in the future, but it's hard to know. Thus, avoid buying a locked model at all costs.

I would buy an unlocked phone from wherever it's cheapest. They're being sold unlocked in Canada ($779 CAD + tax for the 32GB model), though apparently supplies in stores are still extremely low.

11. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

Thanks. Its being released in China on 9/25, so I might have a friend try and pick one up from there. Gotta figure out where its the cheapest. Based on the release date for their 3G, it might take a year before Apple releases it in India.

12. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Gentleman, I am thinking of picking up the Iphone4. Will be using it in India though, so I need it unlocked. Best to pick up in the US and jailbreak or should I source one from Hong Kong or something?
    In Switzerland it's 799 CHF incl. Swiss tax (right now appr. 796 US$) for the iPhone 4 16GB, unlocked directly from Apple. Only downside is that they obviously only ship to addresses in Switzerland.

13. holymadness

Thanks. Its being released in China on 9/25, so I might have a friend try and pick one up from there. Gotta figure out where its the cheapest. Based on the release date for their 3G, it might take a year before Apple releases it in India.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/choreog...n/photostream/

14. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

Fantastic. Thanks!

15. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

Is anyone using iBooks or subscribe to a magazine on your iPhone yet? I am holding out on getting an iPad until the next generations. In the meantime, I am condidering getting some books or magazines on my iPhone. I am worried about the small size of the device though.