• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official new iPhone 4

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
yes. same everything. obviously the only diff is the phone.

Oh, so I could retire my old 30gig iPod that's about five years old, and just have a new iPhone take over the account? That would be a reason to buy the 64 gig model. When it comes to Verizon.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mink31
I'm not even a year into my contract, but for some reason I was able to upgrade for $200. I assumed I was able to preorder because of the clusterfuck on the 15th and was expecting my order to be canceled, but it went through without a hitch and I should be receiving it on Thursday...

[edit: just realized this was #666 for me...
devil.gif
]

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
damnit. maybe i'll plead or slip the guy a $50.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Oh, so I could retire my old 30gig iPod that's about five years old, and just have a new iPhone take over the account? That would be a reason to buy the 64 gig model. When it comes to Verizon.
Yep. Actually you can link multiple ipod/iphones/nanos/shuffles etc to the same itunes library. I have a 4 year old ipod and my iphone that share the same itunes library. i use the ipod for my dock in my patio.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yep. Actually you can link multiple ipod/iphones/nanos/shuffles etc to the same itunes library. I have a 4 year old ipod and my iphone that share the same itunes library. i use the ipod for my dock in my patio.

Really? I need to figure out how to do that. I won an 8gig Touch and thought I needed to start a new account.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's the beauty of itunes. it'll do it for you. plug and play. i think you can select specific artists, albums, songs for each one in case you have a 30gb library and say you have a 64 gb iphone and a 8gb nano. you could load the whole library on the 64 and select artists on the 8gb.

Incman

Reaction score
Am I missing something on the 64 gig? I thought it was only 16 and 32.
confused.gif

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's the beauty of itunes. it'll do it for you. plug and play. i think you can select specific artists, albums, songs for each one in case you have a 30gb library and say you have a 64 gb iphone and a 8gb nano. you could load the whole library on the 64 and select artists on the 8gb.

Orly? I have had nothing but trouble with Steve Jobs' POS music software. When I reformatted my computer and reinstalled itunes, the program refused to recognize my old ipod and demanded that I reformat it as well, thus erasing the backup of all my songs I had done precisely in order to avoid losing them.
rolleyes.gif
Best of all? Because itunes loads songs into the ipod in a proprietary, non-mp3 format, I can't extract them like I would from a usb drive in order to save my collection. I either have to start over from scratch, or accept to never add new songs to my ipod's library. Genius.

Itunes also refuses to recognize multiple ipod devices when they're not synchronized to the same library. So my girlfriend can't plug her ipod into my computer and vice versa to trade music. It's horseshit.

True plug and play is opening a drive window and being able to copy any files I want from my computer's HD to my mp3 player's HD. Anything less is proprietary garbage meant to sell me crap.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Orly? I have had nothing but trouble with Steve Jobs' POS music software. When I reformatted my computer and reinstalled itunes, the program refused to recognize my old ipod and demanded that I reformat it as well, thus erasing the backup of all my songs I had done precisely in order to avoid losing them.
rolleyes.gif
Best of all? Because itunes loads songs into the ipod in a proprietary, non-mp3 format, I can't extract them like I would from a usb drive in order to save my collection. I either have to start over from scratch, or accept to never add new songs to my ipod's library. Genius.

Itunes also refuses to recognize multiple ipod devices when they're not synchronized to the same library. So my girlfriend can't plug her ipod into my computer and vice versa to trade music. It's horseshit.

True plug and play is opening a drive window and being able to copy any files I want from my computer's HD to my mp3 player's HD. Anything less is proprietary garbage meant to sell me crap.

This!
I've had an iPod Video 5g, my dad and my mum an iPod Nano each. It was the biggest mess you can imagine as I couldn't load any music on theirs without erasing anything that was on it before. Then my hard-drive gave up one day (thank god for multiple hard-drives in one system), put new one in reinstall all the stuff just to find out that iTunes refuses to recognize its library and suggesting to reformat.

(Un)fortunately this pain ended when my stupid iPod was stolen and I changed to a Samsung P3 (which works perfectly, except for me hating its fucked up capacitive touchscreen).

mink31

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
rolleyes.gif

There are free programs you can get online that will allow you to download music from your ipod to your computer (straight into iTunes, I think). Just search "iPod to computer."

Here's one I remember using (for Windows only, though): http://www.copytoy.com/

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You can also copy your entire library to a different disc, do what you need to to your computer, then copy the library back. Done that quite easily and even have my library backed up on the NAS at home.

Originally Posted by Incman
Am I missing something on the 64 gig? I thought it was only 16 and 32.
confused.gif

They will have 64 by the time they sign on with Verizon, which will be when I get my iPhone
smile.gif

Incman

Reaction score
They will have 64 by the time they sign on with Verizon, which will be when I get my iPhone
smile.gif

Oh, okay. Didn't realize they had a 64 gig on the way. Good stuff.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

When would that be? I've read January 2011 as the earliest possible date for a 64 iPhone.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Étienne
When would that be? I've read January 2011 as the earliest possible date for a 64 iPhone.

No idea. I'm just postulating on the usual Apple product release path and hoping that they'll eventually go Verizon. I'm dying to try out an iPhone for myself but no one on AT&T can get reception in office buildings here.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea. I'm just postulating on the usual Apple product release path and hoping that they'll eventually go Verizon. I'm dying to try out an iPhone for myself but no one on AT&T can get reception in office buildings here.

i'm lucky. i had a weak signal in my office until the big boss got one and decided to hook up signal boosters all over the place. i get better reception in this tin-roofed hut than i do in my house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads