• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL Movies you haven't seen but have strong opinions about thread **Warning may contain stupid

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, wasn't Glitter such a bad movie?

I saw a youtube review from a guy whose cousin saw it in theaters and said it was just a poorly-acted empty vehicle for delivering an equally poor Mariah Carey album to the world.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dunkirk was an amazingly shot film. Just powerful, epic, and stunning. Technical mastery on full display.

I mean, I haven't actually seen it yet, but I don't think I can bear to watch it at home. It really needs to be seen on the big screen to be experienced correctly and since it is no longer in theaters, I don't think I will end up watching it.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ocean's 8. Is there a big audience for a female heist film? All female casts have made lots of hits. I thought Bridesmaids had funny moments, but this seems forced and terrible.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title I was going to rate this thread only one star. Glad I took the time to view it.

Last edited:
Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ocean's 8. Is there a big audience for a female heist film? All female casts have made lots of hits. I thought Bridesmaids had funny moments, but this seems forced and terrible.

Thanks for your contribution.

However, to clarify: this thread is about movies that actually exist out in the wild and not for speculation about films that have not yet been released. There are other venues for gossiping about upcoming movies--what I'm looking for are your raw, uncut, multi-paragraph, strongly worded opinions about movies that you simply chose not to see.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Shape Of Water is overrated tripe. First of all, Guillermo del Toro hasn't written a decent screenplay since Mimic and hasn't directed something watchable since Blade 2. The "love story" is thinly disguised bestiality. The lead actress is untalented and unconvincing, and she's less attractive than she is competent.

And the less said about the so-called supporting cast, the better. Is there a single more overrated actor working today than Michael Shannon? Octavia Butler is clearly just showing up for a paycheck, and who can blame her, given the preposterous dialog and ludicrous story.

I have not wasted two hours of my life on this embarrassment, and neither should anyone else. At least del Toro's next POS will have giant robots. That might keep audiences awake.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And while I'm on the exceedingly stupid subject of giant robots, why does Pacific Rim 2 even exist? The first was an expensive flop that critics disliked and audiences ignored. They should have just lit a dump truck full of Benjamins on fire. Hell, that would have been more watchable than Pacific Rim. Giant CGI monster movies suck, (Godzilla, Cloverfield, that one where Ann Hathaway controls some rampaging monster by mistake) giant CGI robots suck (Transformers. Oh for the love of god, please, make those stop). What coked up imbecile decided that two ****** things wouldn't be twice as ****** together?

I'm so glad I haven't watched a Guillermo del Toro movie in the last 15 years.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Shape Of Water is overrated tripe. First of all, Guillermo del Toro hasn't written a decent screenplay since Mimic and hasn't directed something watchable since Blade 2. The "love story" is thinly disguised bestiality. The lead actress is untalented and unconvincing, and she's less attractive than she is competent.

And the less said about the so-called supporting cast, the better. Is there a single more overrated actor working today than Michael Shannon? Octavia Butler is clearly just showing up for a paycheck, and who can blame her, given the preposterous dialog and ludicrous story.

I have not wasted two hours of my life on this embarrassment, and neither should anyone else. At least del Toro's next POS will have giant robots. That might keep audiences awake.

This is good styleforuming.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno man, I watched Dunkirk on my 52" Sony the other night and was pretty impressed.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And while I'm on the exceedingly stupid subject of giant robots, why does Pacific Rim 2 even exist? The first was an expensive flop that critics disliked and audiences ignored. They should have just lit a dump truck full of Benjamins on fire. Hell, that would have been more watchable than Pacific Rim. Giant CGI monster movies suck, (Godzilla, Cloverfield, that one where Ann Hathaway controls some rampaging monster by mistake) giant CGI robots suck (Transformers. Oh for the love of god, please, make those stop). What coked up imbecile decided that two ****** things wouldn't be twice as ****** together?

I'm so glad I haven't watched a Guillermo del Toro movie in the last 15 years.

I thought Pacific Rim was good fun. :fence:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I saw the trailers, so my opinion is better than yours.
Obviously.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno man, I watched Dunkirk on my 52" Sony the other night and was pretty impressed.

If I can figure out how to watch it in 4k, I might give it a try. My current receiver doesn't support 4k (but my HTPC should be able to play it) so it would have to be on some streaming service that my smart TV natively supports in 4k.

Amazon works, but they don't appear to have the UltraHD version available to rent...unless I am mistaken, they only have regular HD.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw 1984 because I heard it got all political and ****.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never seen a single Harry Potter movie or any of the LotR movies. Ain’t nobody got time for all that ****.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen both sets and enjoyed them... But I have never once felt inclined to go sit through all three extended editions of lotr. How the **** are there people with the free time to watch those things multiple times over?

Did not even try for The Hobbit. Eff that ****. Why take a fraction of the source material of lotr and try to stretch it into an equally long cinematic experience?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads