• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Mark McNairy Thread

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, As Mark's line is expanding from shoes to clothing & accessories, I figured he deserved his own thread. We'll kick things off with three new styles and a crucial re-stock of our best-selling Navy/Tan Saddle shoe. I posted them below. As always, these are leather lined, made of full-grain leather or suede, and benchmade in Northamptonshire, UK. Huge photos and full descriptions are available at the shop links. Also, after several months of selling these, we can confidently advise our customers to size down one half from their normal dress shoe size. The fit is comparable to the Alden Barrie & Tru-Balance last. Feel free to PM or call me with any questions.
Snuff%20Boot%20Pair_lo.jpg
Captoe Boot Brown Suede: $325
Crepe%20Chukka%20Pair_lo.jpg
Crepe Sole Chukka boot in Waxy Brown Cowhide: $365
Field%20Boot%20Pair%20LO.jpg
Field Boot in Black Waxy Cowhide: $395
Navy%20Saddle%20Pair_lo.jpg
Navy/Tan Saddle Shoe: $295

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saddles are my favorite from that group. How do they pair with denim?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing how the shoes holdup after a few months of wear.

Does McNairy use the same firm in the UK to produce all of the shoes, or does he use different ones? And does anyone know which?

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would purchase a pair of these.. they look great!

However, the longevity of the sole would concern me.

Does anyone if you can get a red sole like that resoled? I believe they are the goodyear welt. But do shoe repair shops actually carry a red sole like this?

garmis

Reaction score
I want to put those saddle shoes on a plate, douse them in steak sauce, and eat them. That is how delicious they look.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I would be interested in seeing how the shoes holdup after a few months of wear.

Does McNairy use the same firm in the UK to produce all of the shoes, or does he use different ones? And does anyone know which?

The uppers are really tough, and these will provide you with plenty of wear. Michael Williams is a Mark McNairy shoe champion - every time I see him he has on a pair of well-worn red sole bucks.

Originally Posted by JSC4President
I would purchase a pair of these.. they look great!

However, the longevity of the sole would concern me.

Does anyone if you can get a red sole like that resoled? I believe they are the goodyear welt. But do shoe repair shops actually carry a red sole like this?

I've found that the red sole is a bit more durable than a clarks crepe sole. It's not as long-lasting as anything from Alden. However, as these are goodyear welted, you can absolutely get them replaced. Better shoe shops should be able to special order a true red brick sole without a problem. You could also get them soled with leather or a different type of rubber if you like.

Originally Posted by garmis
I want to put those saddle shoes on a plate, douse them in steak sauce, and eat them. That is how delicious they look.

Tell me about it. I can't stop sniffing them on the shelf.

JTK

Reaction score
I'm going to try really hard to convince myself that I could pull off those saddles...

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I could pull off the saddles on a day to day basis but man I love the brown suede captoes...I would rock those with raw denim all day.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
The saddles are sex sauce.
I was so charmed with the phrase "sex sauce," that I did a google image search to post whatever funny image popped up to match it. Turns out that the pics aren't so funny - there's lots of normal, non-sex sauce shots, but then there was this...
x-factor.jpg
It was at the bottom of the first page. Go figure. And glad you dig them!

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Mike, any plans for the chukkas or bucks in the future?

on a side note i was mildly impressed by the use of new amsterdam over new york on his site.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
Mike, any plans for the chukkas or bucks in the future?

on a side note i was mildly impressed by the use of new amsterdam over new york on his site.

We don't have any Chukkas in line for the Spring, but we'll definitely have the snuff suede plain-toe bucks. The classics!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads