1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Mark McNairy Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Jan 7, 2010.

1. djh

djh Senior member

[​IMG] My Sander's bucks.. Pretty sure they make all of McNairy's shoes.

2. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

3. drewtronius

drewtronius Senior member

Thoughts on this collab btwn Bodega x McNairy?

[​IMG]

[photo cred: bdgastore.com]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

So that is his daughter? :nodding:

7. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

yep... that is his daughter

8. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

Yes! McNairy coverage on SF! Although people have mixed feelings about him, I like some of the shoes and shirts.....the ones that don't say "F*** OFF"

9. Desi

Desi Senior member

In the video I was under the belief that she was a chub due to much of the focus being on her face. But these pictures say otherwise at least where the body is concerned.

10. Charlatan

Charlatan Senior member

Anyone know what the glasses are in this picture? I was thinking Shuron Freeways, but the shape is a little different. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

11. Feji

Feji Senior member

I'm actually surprised MM doesn't get more coverage in SWD. There's a handful of things from his clothing line that I want, but can't find at any stockist; so availability might be the cause of this. I only have two pairs of his shoes, but they're some of the most comfortable and versatile shoes I own. Hopefully the MM clothing line will be picked up at more shops.

12. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

I agree. I like some of the button down shirts, especially the popovers which I can't seem to find anywhere.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

14. meso

meso Senior member

I think the lack of caring in SW&D is that mcnairy is way overexposed. He's had a hundred different shoe collaborations. Even aspects of his style that I like, like brogues and the occasional camo piece, are way overdone. Neon and wayfarers are not for me. His "mcnasty" thing is just kind of sad. I like a few of the pieces above, but not the way they're brought together, generally.

15. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

+1, i don't know if it's just me but there's not sense of design in his pieces. It's just following whatever trends are currently out and making them slightly more outrageous... prints, camo, floral on top of camo, 8-pocket-cargos...

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

This, plus his markup on Sanders is quite large for such minimal differences. Not Thom Browne level but getting there. There's always a few pairs I consider getting each season, but rarely actually buy anything. Clothes wise I wouldn't get anything as similar trends are usually done by EG in a much cleaner way and most likely made better as well.

17. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

He seems very egotistical. I do like some of the shoes, but don't really understand the justification for price. +1 to the above comments about him.

18. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

Interesting Mcnairy/EG comparison.

I liked the McNairy popover shirts, as I mentioned earlier, but at $188 found them too expensive. I combed the internet to find that EG was literally one of the only brands offering a popover too, however, I wasn't fond of the detailing by EG and thought they overdid it.

http://www.oipolloi.com/engineered-garments-pop-over-bd-shirt--blue-oxford-polka-dot

http://shop.markmcnairy.com/products/half-sleeve-popover-shirt

As for price point, both McNairy and EG are offering popovers in the $180's and both I am pretty sure are using the same US manufacturer for this shirt, Individualized Shirts. I find the price a little ridiculous.

Yeah especially the "F*** OFF" stuff or any item he offers with text on it.

19. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Can anybody comment on sizing? I'm an 8.5E in Allen Edmonds and a 8E in the Alden 403. Can I squeeze a wide foot into his navy suede chukkas?

20. Teger

Teger Senior member

the problem with mark is that his stuff is derivative. boring.