• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official MAN-TLE Thread

Saisen

Reaction score
DD0B9BB2-3F1C-4D60-AEB4-9005DB99A890.jpeg

MAN‑TLE itself is a group of products focused on durability, reliability, and practicality. The Australian character is determined by the stunning, rugged tactility of the landscape. Intricate and extreme, the turbulent environment requires a unique set of tools. This is the setting in which Australia's equally unique palette of ideals are forged.

With a pragmatic, egalitarian sensibility, its people apply themselves with a discerning and easy-going manner. Delivering products imbued with these qualities, MAN‑TLE garments adapt with the wearer to their evolving terrain.

Finding inspiration in Australia, MAN‑TLE integrates this into products in Japan using original cloth and hardware.

Industrialised utility scaled to everyday life; these are the products that MAN‑TLE lives with.

Saisen

Reaction score
Sharing photos of the original
Shirt 1 and Pant 2 from the very first collection MAN-TLE R1 back in 2016.

These have travelled all over the world with me, and they have never been soaked or washed.

Hundreds of wear in the first few years until they brought black back and now black has become a staple colour.

I bring this set out to wear maybe once or twice a year - usually for a special occasion

E7F490B3-69E9-43DB-ABA6-6852793D203D.jpeg
2D3AC123-F889-454A-BBA9-67AECA6C59CE.jpeg8190C4EF-FB19-46C0-A9B8-179A021FA053.jpeg1A9E4A61-5A14-43DF-A278-EC02302B7571.jpeg

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few of their pieces. Great stuff

Saisen

Reaction score
MAN-TLE x Buaisou SP Disk Tee 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Located in Tokushima, Japan - Buaisou is a farm with a unique dialogue. Their small team grow indigo leaves, dry and compost them, then hand-dye all on the single property.

For this commission, Buaisou have overdyed a limited run of the DISK T-Shirts. These were cut and sewn in the Perth workshop using high-twist 100% cotton jersey from Wakayama, Japan.

The four shades of indigo result from the number of dips they had in the dye-bath.

Attachments

Saisen

Reaction score
Grey Nubi series from R9
Black Nubi will be part of R11 Collection

R9O2-ASH1.jpgR9O2-SOOT1.jpgR9O3-ASH1.jpgR9O3-SOOT1.jpg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Saisen Any chance you've tried the new shirt 8 style?
Is it worth sizing down compared to other Man-tle shirt styles?

Saisen

Reaction score
Hi,
Yeah I have the Shirt 8’s
I wear the same size as Shirt 1

It’s a slightly wider boxier fit with curved hems

i tried both standard size and also a size down
I could wear either
- standard size fits comfortable and relaxed
- size down fits more fitted / tailored fit

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Yeah I have the Shirt 8’s
I wear the same size as Shirt 1

It’s a slightly wider boxier fit with curved hems

i tried both standard size and also a size down
I could wear either
- standard size fits comfortable and relaxed
- size down fits more fitted / tailored fit
Interesting you say that, I'm not the one who asked the question but based on measurements I was targeting the size down in shirt 8, but didn't want a fitted look, wanted a relaxed. Now I might need to reconsider

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.