• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Any hot ones?
devil.gif

Were you originally from around here?

no, unless you like dudes or 'big' girls
redface.gif

I'm (kind of) from the better side of the state...
devil.gif
My parents lived around KC for awhile long before they had kids though, and now my sister lives there so I've visited quite often throughout my life, but I guess KC has some things going for it. The Plaza is enjoyable for a trip. I don't know if I could handle the Plaza and Westport on a daily basis, but then again I go out, eat, drink almost everyday and I actually like living where the population density is like 1 person/1 square foot... more fishes in a crowded sea.
devil.gif

I do think you summed up the pros/cons of KC quite nicely. Vietnamese food in that area is some of the best in the country as far as I've had, and obviously BBQ.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next time you come, if I still live here, shoot a pm.

Westport is not what it used to be. Just a few bars left. Plaza is changing too and not in a good one.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It could be done. That place is nice. But it's two blocks away from P&L. I hate P&L
Yes, long time. Halls got anything good on sale?
laugh.gif
Need to get in there tomorrow. RE: P+L, yes, HATE P&L with a burning, fiery passion. Went for the Chiefs rally last weekend, and it just flamed the fury in my soul. It's like some really terrible version of Vegas, filled with people who have never been to Vegas before. Without the gambling or free booze... or awesome clubs... or hot girls...
ffffuuuu.gif
Throw in the fact that it's being funded by taxpayer dollars, and yeah. Major fail. I would agree with what you said about the Plaza changing too... they just keep running tenants out... Infuriating... Westport isn't what it used to be either (been going there since I was 18...
laugh.gif
). A lot of the best places have either closed or changed hands, the crowd is veering decidedly more ghetto. Went down there with a few girls I'm friends with a couple weeks back, and they were heckled nonstop by the ghetto dudes - just doesn't make you feel real safe. There are some fun hipster bars in midtown, but I prefer a place where they actually have beer on tap. First Fridays are still pretty fun though, at least. I'm a big fan of KC in general though, but I was born and raised here... I think it's a good size, the nightlife is definitely lacking, but the middle of the map makes for some cheap airfare. Chicago is a cheap roundtrip weekend trip, etc. +1 on the bbq and viet food. Oh, and Funkhouser is an incompetent idiot
devil.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Halls has 65% off right now. I have not set my feet in that store in a long time. Highwoods properties is the stupidest corporation I have ever known. Drove reverse out along with other places. Granfallon's was supposed to close too, but I guess they were able to negotiate a new contract. But somehow they put a forever21 next to halls and tivol
ffffuuuu.gif
. Westport is what it is today because America's pub and that Sunfresh. Power and Light is made by douches for douches.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol, since they dropped BoO I just go in to see if there's anything worth flipping for a few bucks basically... And didn't that forever 21 go in the former mark shale space? Pretty ridiculous, you think they would have at least got a h&m or something unique.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the picked up BoO again. I know, Joe, the buyer is trying to branch out. Last time I went in to pick up some Jack Black stuff, I saw some nice R&B pieces. I know they do have naked and famous now.

Suits can be had for pretty cheap right now if you want to flip them. I know they have Canali, RLPL, RLBL, Zegna, etc, etc. **** forever 21. That store brings nothing but trash and hippies.

Did you hear about the riot that happened a few months back?

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The flash mob thing? Yeah, I saw that first hand... one of my friends is living down there now, so I'm at his place quite a bit and happened to be there that night, it was wild.

Halls had naked and famous marked down to like 55$ a pair last end of season... in tons of staple cuts colors and sizes, people just don't buy that stuff here. You can find some sick deals at the crown center store, that's where they dump everything from the plaza store once the official sale ends. I've gotten stuff there for 90-95% off before, they literally mark it down until somebody buys it. They had a bunch of ralph lauren blue label suits there at one point for like 300 a pop, in solid colors and normal people sizes (38-42r). It was ridiculous. Tons of their storebrand wool / cashmere scarves made in italy for like 10 bucks a pop last year too.

We need an official KC thread, maybe do a meet up, looks like there are more SF'ers here than I ever expected.

eqpablon

Reaction score
KC MEETUP! May ish?

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
They had a bunch of ralph lauren blue label suits there at one point for like 300 a pop, in solid colors and normal people sizes (38-42r). It was ridiculous. Tons of their storebrand wool / cashmere scarves made in italy for like 10 bucks a pop last year too.
Yesss, i guess someone else knows about the nice deals at the crown center halls. Just when one of their staff asks to help you say "No thanks".. Last time I was in they were trying to get me into a jacket about two sizes too big. Ive found the plaza staff to be much more knowledgeable and helpful.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
The flash mob thing? Yeah, I saw that first hand... one of my friends is living down there now, so I'm at his place quite a bit and happened to be there that night, it was wild.

Halls had naked and famous marked down to like 55$ a pair last end of season... in tons of staple cuts colors and sizes, people just don't buy that stuff here. You can find some sick deals at the crown center store, that's where they dump everything from the plaza store once the official sale ends. I've gotten stuff there for 90-95% off before, they literally mark it down until somebody buys it. They had a bunch of ralph lauren blue label suits there at one point for like 300 a pop, in solid colors and normal people sizes (38-42r). It was ridiculous. Tons of their storebrand wool / cashmere scarves made in italy for like 10 bucks a pop last year too.

We need an official KC thread, maybe do a meet up, looks like there are more SF'ers here than I ever expected.

I was at latteland by BoA when it all happened. People just started gathering by the cinema at the corner of Jefferson and 46th. An article published a week later on KC Star asking the city to fund a community center, so these kids have something to do at 12 o'clock in the morning
facepalm.gif

I would venture to say there are about 10 to 20 of us on this board right now that are active.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have my interview first part of next week. Hopefully I will know soon after (or day of) whether I get it. Pretty excited

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure you grab some BBQ while you are here. Arthur Bryant's for the name, but LC's for the taste.

Oklahoma Joe's is overrated and Gates is dirty.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure you grab some BBQ while you are here. Arthur Bryant's for the name, but LC's for the taste.

Oklahoma Joe's is overrated and Gates is dirty.

I'm not the biggest BBQ fan to begin with (*runs and hides*) we have some decent BBQ down in Arkansas though.

I'll be traveling with the GF up there so we will probably make a mini trip out of it and stay the night. I'll be sure to check out one of those places.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads