• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
LC is freaking delicious. I found out about the place through an article in Esquire a year ago. It's burnt ends and ribs are out of this world. Arthur Bryant's used to be good when I first moved here about 6 years ago. Now the prices have gone up and the quality has gone done.

I think OK Joe's BBQ for white people. No offense there.

There is a place called smokehouse bbq off Wornall and 81st, not sure if it's still there or not.

I will never go back to Gates again after seeing someone dropped a brisket on the floor, picked it up, and threw it back in the smoker.

Lol word gates is for tourists. Place is grimy. The only bad part about LC's is the location. If I'm heading out to the sports complex, it's great, otherwise it's not really on the way to anything. Bryant's is pretty expensive. BBQ should be cheap imo. OK joe's IS white people bbq... in both style and customers. Smokehouse is still there, I drive by it all the time. Always smells good but have never eaten there before. I've heard it's decent, nothing special.

Since this thread has basically been hijacked already (
laugh.gif
)Do you know what happened to Soho 119? That first season when they opened they had fred perry, rlbl, malo, varvatos, tons of swank stuff (for kc)... and then nothing. I heard they are like selling Ben sherman now
confused.gif
Place had serious potential.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving to LC is a *****. I have no incentive to go that direction unless I actually want to go to LC. I know the owner/s of Smokehouse, but I think they sold it.

I haven't been to Soho 119 after the first year of its opening. I think the place had the right idea but people in Leawood aren't biting. They had some great stuff IIRC. I remember seeing malo sweaters at 60% off. I picked up a few things then. I knew the manager, the little Persian girl, not sure if she's there still.

WE need to grab drinks sometimes

How about let's make this thread possible KC meet up thread.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving to LC is a *****. I have no incentive to go that direction unless I actually want to go to LC. I know the owner/s of Smokehouse, but I think they sold it.

I haven't been to Soho 119 after the first year of its opening. I think the place had the right idea but people in Leawood aren't biting. They had some great stuff IIRC. I remember seeing malo sweaters at 60% off. I picked up a few things then. I knew the manager, the little Persian girl, not sure if she's there still.

WE need to grab drinks sometimes

How about let's make this thread possible KC meet up thread.

Dude the end of that first year was sick. I got varvatos boots for like 80 bucks (you or somebody tipped me off on those), fred perry waxed jacket for 90ish, they had rlbl shirts marked down to like 60... It's really sad that the metro can't support a store like that, god knows Standard is never going to have anything cool. I am just waiting for the day Halls picks up Raf Simons or margiela
laugh.gif

Yeah we should see how many people are around here and do a meetup. Would be entertaining at the very least

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mainy
Dude the end of that first year was sick. I got varvatos boots for like 80 bucks (you or somebody tipped me off on those), fred perry waxed jacket for 90ish, they had rlbl shirts marked down to like 60... It's really sad that the metro can't support a store like that, god knows Standard is never going to have anything cool. I am just waiting for the day Halls picks up Raf Simons or margiela
laugh.gif

Yeah we should see how many people are around here and do a meetup. Would be entertaining at the very least

I think it was me. I picked up the last pair of Varvatos chelsea boots really cheap, when Varvatos was good. Got an extra 10% off too since the I knew the SA. Also picked up the waxed Fred Perry for cheap that was selling for close to 500 everywhere else. Doubt Halls'll pick up anything that edgy. I hope they don't though, KC peeps can't handle that shiz yet. hahahaha.

It would be entertaining, and I think we are the only two who have actually met each other. Small city but no one knows anyone else.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it was me. I picked up the last pair of Varvatos chelsea boots really cheap, when Varvatos was good. Got an extra 10% off too since the I knew the SA. Also picked up the waxed Fred Perry for cheap that was selling for close to 500 everywhere else. Doubt Halls'll pick up anything that edgy. I hope they don't though, KC peeps can't handle that shiz yet. hahahaha.

It would be entertaining, and I think we are the only two who have actually met each other. Small city but no one knows anyone else.

Are you kidding, that's why they need to pick it up. Cause nobody will cop and we will be rocking mainline stuff at 70% off! Like the time I found 4 BoO shirts marked down to 50 bucks a piece and I sold them all on ebay...wait what?
devil.gif
Actually, there is a place in town where you can pick up a decent amount of Raf by Raf, but I would rather commit suicide than post it in this thread. Top secret until everything I want is marked down.

I have ran into AlanC, mens clothing boss multiple times while thrifting. It's kind of funny how much SF'ers stick out in this city, saw a guy on the plaza the other day that I would bet money posts or at least reads this website. Raw denims, indy boots, some workwear jacket.....yeah, uniform.

Hijack officially in progress

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AlanC's from KC? No freaking way.

PM me about this place that has Raf by Raf? I want to pick up a turtle neck.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AlanC's from KC? No freaking way. PM me about this place that has Raf by Raf? I want to pick up a turtle neck.
Yeah, he moved here with his family in tow a while back. Really nice guy. We traded some mismatched Aldens. What size are you, 50? 48 would have to be too slim. I'm going by tomorrow and I'll let you know if I see anything. I think they had a black vneck, not sure about any turtle necks though

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hollar back at me if you see anything good. I haven't bought anything locally in about 2 years now. Me looking for 50 the one with a small letter R by the neck.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is an older gentleman who works at Pinstripes on the plaza. He can definitely pass for someone who visits this site. Although I've never asked him.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is an older gentleman who works at Pinstripes on the plaza. He can definitely pass for someone who visits this site. Although I've never asked him.

Do they sell anything decent in there? I have never gone in there... but one of my friends did and got talked into spending $1200 on some store brand suit and shirt set
lol8[1].gif

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changed the title fellas.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we need to get other members involved in this thread. I am trying to figure out how many of us are here. It would be pretty easy to do a meet up and see some internet personalities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads