• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**Official Kansas City Thread**

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great advice guys. I've mainly been using www.kcpremierapts.com I'm sure there are a lot of cool places that arent listed. Mainy I'll shoot you a PM when I get some stuff narrowed down.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that there are members here that know KC this well. When I joined I think Mainy and I were the only ones who lived here.

Be careful of online resources though.

Rick's Tailoring

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
move to the crossroads (basically downtown), lots of new lofts, and art and such... You sound too young for brookside or the plaza, Maybe westport too, but it getting kinda beat up these days. And if you want a huge loft for almost nothing, in a really cool part of town that won't have much in it for the next 5 years or so, try the west bottoms. River market isn't bad either.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
De Lofts look pretty cool. Maybe Quality Hill (looks kinda sketch but i like the area) or Nine Ten Penn.

Havent been able to fiind too much about West Bottoms lofts and apt online. HAs a good website for the area but not specifically housing in that area.

Nvm Nine Ten Penn looks pretty ******

eqpablon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
I am surprised that there are members here that know KC this well. When I joined I think Mainy and I were the only ones who lived here. Be careful of online resources though.
[hijack]WE NEED A KC MEETUP. It would be Legen.......DARY[/hijack] Back on topic... http://www.wallstreettower.com/main.html /thread Oh, click on the "neighboorhood features" tab. It will bring up a map that lists all the downtown districts. This will help you see what we are talking about.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Quality Hill is a safe area. Crossroads
kansascity_114_97838.jpg
kansascity_160_9317.jpg
kansascity_129_90866.jpg
Quality Hill
kansascity_122_95911.jpg
Plaza
kansascity_142_98202.jpg
kansascity_147_90512.jpg
West Bottoms
kansascity_182_98038.jpg
River Market
kc_1335.jpg
Power & Light
kansascity_193_98107.jpg
kansascity_110_9321.jpg

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
worship.gif

Really diggin the Soho West lofts.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
those photos make me regret not visiting when i had friends living there. the only thing i really know about the place is that they have a good art school.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eqpablon
[hijack]WE NEED A KC MEETUP. It would be Legen.......DARY[/hijack]

Back on topic...

http://www.wallstreettower.com/main.html

/thread

Oh, click on the "neighboorhood features" tab. It will bring up a map that lists all the downtown districts. This will help you see what we are talking about.

It could be done.

That place is nice. But it's two blocks away from P&L. I hate P&L

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
those photos make me regret not visiting when i had friends living there. the only thing i really know about the place is that they have a good art school.

You missed out on the best bbq ever.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
Quality Hill is a safe area.

Crossroads
kansascity_114_97838.jpg

kansascity_160_9317.jpg

kansascity_129_90866.jpg

Quality Hill
kansascity_122_95911.jpg

Plaza

kansascity_142_98202.jpg

kansascity_147_90512.jpg

West Bottoms
kansascity_182_98038.jpg

River Market
kc_1335.jpg

Power & Light
kansascity_193_98107.jpg

kansascity_110_9321.jpg

Nice photos. But I think they make Kansas City look a lot nicer than what it really is.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Yes. There's alot of familiar names connected to the art school. Walt Disney, Robert Rauschenberg, Robert Morris, Jim Dine, Elaine de Kooning, Thomas Hart Benton, etc. The two museums next door are great.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Nice photos. But I think they make Kansas City look a lot nicer than what it really is.

It's still a fairly quiet city, but it's up and coming and it has one really major advantage for long term success: Because the downtown area was practically abandoned and neglected for development from 1960-2000, the city has very few pieces of concrete corporate brutalist architecture, which makes it much more attractive for renovation, street beautification, and urban renewal. It will take 20 more years, but it will happen if the KCMO local government can find some degree of competency.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
It's still a fairly quiet city, but it's up and coming and it has one really major advantage for long term success: Because the downtown area was practically abandoned and neglected for development from 1960-2000, the city has very few pieces of concrete corporate brutalist architecture, which makes it much more attractive for renovation, street beautification, and urban renewal. It will take 20 more years, but it will happen if the KCMO local government can find some degree of competency.

I chatted with Mark Funkhouser a few times since he and I frequent the same local coffee house. I think the city management has the right idea, but there is too much in fighting to get things moving at a fast pace. The downtown has really changed ever since I moved here, which really impresses me. I think if this city had a few more major corporations besides hallmark, garmin, and sprint, more people would be attracted here.

I hate this city, but at the same time I am getting too used to it to move anywhere else.
ffffuuuu.gif
. Also not enough Azns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads