• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kopped a 'Jaguarillo' at a local spot for a nice price - it's basically a short scale HSS strat, crappy modern strat pups plus a surprisingly musical 'atomic' hb at bridge. neck has a nice carve to it, not too flat, very comfy.

it's in the shop getting setup for 12s (round), avri 65 pups (neck n middle, keeping the stock hb), and disconnect tone pot. hope to test flight this week should be fun.

Reactions: Gus

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thinking of grabbing a Boss Katana 50.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great amp.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Those are great amps.

Personally I think I'd go for the 100 head as I think it has presence and resonance controls and perhaps some more output options that the 50 doesn't have.

I'd be running that amp on the .5 watt setting so the 100 would be so many levels of overkill. There's apparently a couple dozen "hidden amps" you can d/l and load into the software too. Watching the reviews on Youtube and they really seem like something cool.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be running that amp on the .5 watt setting so the 100 would be so many levels of overkill. There's apparently a couple dozen "hidden amps" you can d/l and load into the software too. Watching the reviews on Youtube and they really seem like something cool.

Get the Katana Air instead then

TrafficWarden

Reaction score
rickenbacker_eddie_s_guitars_exclusive_360_wb_eddies_guitars_1_.jpg

Always wanted a Rick. Couldn't help myself with the all-black.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm not quite ready to buy more guitars until after I move, I have been watching a variety of brands and models of vintage guitars and it seems that asking prices have been steadily climbing for both guitars and amps over the last six months. As cool as they are it is hard to believe guys are getting their asking prices of $3k- $4K for Princeton Reverbs or $12K- $13K for Les Paul TV Jr's (with minor issues). Is there a growing gap between asking and actual selling prices now?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a dealer near me that specializes in acoustic guitars, especially by boutique makers. He has two Klein acoustics. It was my first time ever playing one. Wow! The look and feel is like no other acoustic guitar. They resonate like a piano. The necks are slim, low action, effortless to play. Every note rings and rings. Yes the bodies are huge but what a sound.

Klein+shoulder.jpg

KleinKauffman+shoulder.jpg

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How much do those go for?

I have been intrigued by the Klein electric since seeing David Torn play one.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much do those go for?

I have been intrigued by the Klein electric since seeing David Torn play one.

The acoustics that I saw go for $11,000-$15,000. Also, Klein was the original designer and made the first few, but he then met luthier Steve Kaufmann in 1978 and it is Steve who actually builds them per Klein's designs. The solid body electrics are remarkable and very comfortable to play.

stbklein.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sugarbutch if you ever find yourself over in Lafayette, check out the acoustic guitars at Mighty Fine Guitars. He has some real beauties including one Klein. One of them, a cutaway acoustic was recently sold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads