• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those harp guitars are really spectacular.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any of you gents have a recommendation for a NY guitar tech? i'd like to get a set up done on a new guitar.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I did a quick search on some of the Japan made Fender re-issues from the 80's, and some of these things are going for $1200-1800.

Maybe 3 years ago I picked up an '83 mij Tele Custom RI for roughly $300. It had been played heavily and had plenty of knicks, dings, and weatherchecking to prove it. Looked like more of a relic than my $4K CS Relic, and more importantly it played great. The prices these days amaze me.

the japanese fenders are damn good. nothing like the messican ones.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lovely. Something I don't understand is people preference for a p90 neck and a humbucker bridge. I would prefer the other way around.

david3558

Reaction score
Thanks man - this guy came this way. Strangely enough, that's also the way I like it :)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Really like that shade of red. And I just thought I'd cured myself of a purchase fixation.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Been out away from SF so long. Time to share my goodies:

DSC_5561 by leicaboss, on Flickr

love it. I had this exact sheraton....replaced a blonde one i had stolen from me. I really like those a lot. Would love to kop a vintage one with the mini humbuckers.

david3558

Reaction score

love it. I had this exact sheraton....replaced a blonde one i had stolen from me. I really like those a lot. Would love to kop a vintage one with the mini humbuckers.

These guitars are a great. I'm a big into the US made guitars but this one is phenomenal. I can't figure out which humbuckers to drop into this guy though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads