• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sabrosa

Reaction score

i was listening to Smile from the Streets You Hold the other day. Fucked up ****. I like the title song a lot.

Good stuff. Not the most uplifting songs by any means, but I really like the melodies he comes up with.

Would have loved to see him do a solo show. HIs performance at ATP in 2005 is a good listen (playlist is reversed): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8F7CA8CADA798968

Real men might do that but experienced men know DIY projects have a way of taking on a life of their own. :teach:

Like the pair of speakers sitting in front of me that I've been "building" for the last 5 years.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also, trusting me can be a bad idea. I had my father pillage the old fx bin. Boss reverb, Line 6 DL4, and Line 6 MM4 incoming. ****.

I fully vouch for line6 products. Love them.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i've had great luck with their pedals but spotty luck with their amps.

their amps, when crunched, were good. but the solid state clean tones just did not cut through a mix for me. Back in the mid 2000's, we had 2 of them. Sold them.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes... perhaps let me amend that and say that I vouch for Line6 effects.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much every awesome band has a guitarist with a Line6 DL4, so that's a good choice. Which Boss reverb? I like the RV5, and one day will buy an RV2 because I love anything from the 2 series.

Pedal pics coming, sry Piob!

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WIP

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
no idea on the Boss reverb, but I'll let you know once I have it. It's just a temp until I pick up something wicked.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Must have deets on the board particularly what looks like an older Kaos pad there.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Must have deets on the board particularly what looks like an older Kaos pad there.

I just bought it, haven't even plugged it in yet. But the idea is to use it like this: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Otherwise it's an older Whammy (II, which is so much better than the 4 it's crazy), an old Big Muff, Boss heavy metal which is basically a Big Muff with great tone shaping, an '85 RAT which is great for scratchy distortion, a Roger Mayer Vooodoo - 1 which is a lighter distortion. There's a small stone phaser and a pigtronix phaser/envelope filter, there's an old boss envelope filter that sounds surprisingly awesome, there's a DOD flanger which sounds amazing, an old AD-80 delay and a PDS-1002 (both of which Lee Ranaldo from Sonic Youth has on his pedalboard, not that I like Sonic Youth), and a Boss trem and reverb. Oh, also an EHX Freeze which you should definitely buy - basically turns your guitar into a pad.

Pretty wide array of sounds along with a jaguar-type tremolo arm. The board is sort of a mix between the boards of Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead, Kevin Shields from My Bloody Valentine and Joshua Hayward from The Horrors.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
:slayer:

And I bet pB just popped a vein in his head.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slayer:

And I bet pB just popped a vein in his head.

I have a separate board for blues that's basically just a wah, chorus and tubescreamer, which is more along the lines of gome's preferences.

EDIT: Looks like Frusciante has 2 PDS1002 delays on his later board!

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

IMO, a distortion, a fuzz, a chorus, a wah, and a reverb (if not on amp) are the most important for all types of rock and otherwise.

Stuff like flangers, phazers, and the like are on my list as cool to have but not necessary.

I disagree heavily. I would say the most basic (other than nothing, of course) should be a volume boost (MXR Micro amp) and delay, maybe two delays for different settings and that's all.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I disagree heavily. I would say the most basic (other than nothing, of course) should be a volume boost (MXR Micro amp) and delay, maybe two delays for different settings and that's all.

incorrect. now go eat a bag of dicks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads