• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got some forged Srixon irons with Nippon NS Pro shafts. I also ordered some X100 shafts and will do some comparisons to see which I prefer.

Looking to get some quality range time in tonight.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever been to The Masters? Worth it? Selected in the ticket raffle for the Wednesday practice round / Par 3 contest.

Last edited:

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was raised in Augusta and have been many times. A lot of the experience is being there for the actual tournament. Watching the scoreboards, listening to the roars, being part of the competition, etc. However, if you are a true golf fan, there is still plenty to enjoy about being at the course during the practice rounds. It's very cool to walk the grounds and experience the holes in person. It's such a unique sports experience, seeing the, relative, lack of sponsors, the minimal amount of modern technology, and the incredibly cheap food and drink prices. I think it's worth it to experience that.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm not gonna lie, as soon as I got the email I started to plot how I was going to sell them. The more I think about the whole experience, especially some of the reasons you posted I thought of too, I don't think I can pass up the opportunity. I don't think I've come across one bad word about the tournament except for the long merchandise tent checkout line.

More importantly, it would make for a nice early bday present for my dad.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One benefit of the practice round vs. the tournament is ease of walking the course. With the tournament, there's more reason to stay in one place.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bump

My youngest (7) at her Sunday lesson at the Club, I'd like to say chip off the old block, though I'd love a finish like that!!

Last edited:

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its the primetime of golf season around here and I just found this thread and its been pretty quiet in here. A little background on myself, I just started golfing 5 years ago. I was an ok athlete in high school but never tried golf. Once I was married and had inlaw competition it has really sparked my interest. Living in one of the golf hot spots these days (midwest, WI) has helped bring more excitement to me.

Im still very rough. Never had a true lesson, but golf a little bit with a buddy who has been a good teacher. Finally shot a 45 over 9 holes this weekend. Good enough for second out of our 4some. In fact it was the first time I hadnt brought up the rear. Now that Im getting better the game is getting even more fun (it was fun even when I was bad)

Look forward to hearing from everyone here!

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I went out for my second round of the year.. If you had asked me 10 years ago whether I would be happy with so little golf I would have said you were crazy, funny how life twists and turns..

Anyways, had a sore back but still shot a very decent 78.. Not bad imho..

@jcman above, my sore back is from improper (albeit very in vogue in the 90s) technique, which will be with me for the rest of my life. Might I suggest just 2 or 3 lessons to get set up properly and learn the basics? I used to teach, and in so little lessons you will at least learn the basics, and any dangerous errors will get identified...

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt a lesson or two will help. Its way more fun getting 5s and 6s instead of 7s and 8s. Plus some proper technique teaching to make sure Im doing everything Ive read about. (Yes, Ive done a lot of reading on technique)
Congrats on the 78. Hopefully I can get below 90 as I get better with my irons and short game.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sounds to me you need to stretch more and get in shape like this guy :)

too late for that.. Besides, the only stretching I'm willing to do is stretching my arm out for a beer on the 19th.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think thats what Jimenez is stretching for too.

Didnt realize it was Jimenez. In that case he's probably bending over to pick up his cigar, which is what I tend to do a lot as well.. You where right!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads