• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

haha i frequent golfwrx as well... neat site

It's like the SF of the golf world. I've picked up a ton of useful information from there.

I went to the range on Saturday. Not sure how I did it, but I hit the most pure 3i off the deck, on the fly hit almost halfway up the back net, probably more like 1/3, which is 200 yards out...it was unreal. Not to mention it was only 55* out. Usually I barely hit the bottom of the rear netting with my 3i. I know most people on wrx would :rolleyes: but I've been around the block. I know my distances from GPS and I'm no slouch, that was just a bizarre missile.

I fixed my driving stance by moving slightly closer to the tee (I was standing too far and slightly overextending my swing). That change brought many good drives that day too.

Last edited:

Schwazer

Reaction score

dganderson

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Bubba Watson, although I'll be happy with just seeing some good golf. Looking forward to being there Saturday. Should have been all 4 days but work and Easter got in the way.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm pulling for Bubba Watson, although I'll be happy with just seeing some good golf. Looking forward to being there Saturday. Should have been all 4 days but work and Easter got in the way.

we'll have to invite you to the next SF in atlanta golf meetup.

played my second round of the year today, you really wouldn't believe it was the same person from last time. I easily shaved 10 strokes off my score, had a few legitimate pars on par 4s and a par 5. I had good shots on every hole, I still can't often get the ball off the ground but I'm getting much better distance. I kinda figured out the key... slow the **** down and don't try to hammer the ball. It really is that easy but... short game, still bad and still not accurate so I shot a 95 (IIRC).

Anyway, I would like to get my scores below 90 by the end of the year.

dganderson

Reaction score
Yeah, let me know.

I don't know how your putting is, but a 3 putt is a quick way to add a few strokes to the score. I've played about 6 times this year, showing improvement each round. I just picked up my clubs today from getting re-gripped and looking forward to getting out to use them, won't be this weekend though. Might hit the range a few times next week, work permitting.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, let me know.
I don't know how your putting is, but a 3 putt is a quick way to add a few strokes to the score. I've played about 6 times this year, showing improvement each round. I just picked up my clubs today from getting re-gripped and looking forward to getting out to use them, won't be this weekend though. Might hit the range a few times next week, work permitting.

Yeah, I was pretty pissed, had a couple long holes where I was at or next to the green in two shots. Two chips and three putts later... you do the math. That and the bunkers. Couldn't get out of them, which I guess is the point.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kind of a long shot here but I'm looking for info on golf packages or just general info for golfing in the UK. I'm thinking about taking a week this summer and I'd like to hit up RSA (ha ha) and some of the other courses. I'll already have a hotel and airfare covered so that negates the purpose of many packages. It seems like the biggest problem though is being based in London and getting to Scotland. Also, any sort of info on golf within England too.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a lot of golf courses are links style in england from my experience....

be prepared for the long haul.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^^ LUCKY Did that ever pan out???
Played the other day. Hit the ball solidly most of the day shot +4
About to go play a Robert Trent Jones Jr. course today. Loving this 70 degree weather.

holy crap. been a while since i've been on this thread.

yes, it did pan out and i shot horrible. i think i shot a 98. such a hard course.

i'm pretty sure this will be the year of new clubs for me. i've never really a NEW set for me. they've always been used in some way shape or form. i really REALLY like the new TaylorMade R11S driver. damn that thing launches balls into orbit.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a shot!

aragon765

Reaction score
Pretty incredible double-eagle. Will be interesting to see if he can parlay it into the victory. Hopefully Phil lights it up and it is a good finish, at least!

dopeitsjosh

Reaction score
Just tried out the new Taylor Made RBZ driver, thinking it might be my next driver.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want to pick up some new clubs this year too (mainly irons), but I'm not sure if I'm going to play enough to justify it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads