• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are a few of the videos I took the other day. I'm overall happy with my swing. I could stand to be a little quieter with my lower body, as i tend to slide my hips and occasionally lose the ball to the right.
I prefer to hit a fade and I feel if I lay the club more off at the top, that would result in me being a lot less consistent. Bring on any critiques you may have.

(this range is tiny just went there with a friend after he got off work. yes i'm wearing basketball shorts)

Last edited:

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you've got the twirl down.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
played yesterday and faded down the stretch. the heat really got to me. was on pace for a really good round in the low 80s and settled for an 88. ******* weather.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

.bishop

Reaction score

That's really all that matters

nice swing - smooth - don't get to submersed with swing correction. enjoy the game :)

I wish more of the courses here in DC had grass ranges. *sigh I played today was even through 13 and then lightning struck :( Figures I was playing great.

Schwazer

Reaction score

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this morning, i awoke to this email from my father, who does not golf often as you will see.

"I have been invited to play oakland hills in a couple weeks. Mr. XXX made it a priority to tell me it was the south course. I can invite 1 guest. I don't know if this interests you or not. best part, it's free. let me know. dad"

:slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer::slayer:

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^ LUCKY Did that ever pan out???

Played the other day. Hit the ball solidly most of the day shot +4

About to go play a Robert Trent Jones Jr. course today. Loving this 70 degree weather.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just played the four courses at Bandon Dunes. The most challenging golf I've ever played. A really great time.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man the weather in texas was great today... played out of my mind today as well (since the beginning of the season)... 9 over.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh man, I'm due to play this thursday for a tournament my boss wanted me in.. Thing is, im supposed to play well, but I havent in months. On top of that the weather forecast is dreadfull, think rain and harsh winds... Owh well, in that type of weather nobody plays well..

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just started booking my tee times for Thanksgiving when I will be in Scottsdale. I am not sure if I will get to play here in Boston again until I get out there. Though I did get out last weekend at 10 and was done by 1. Just in time before the rain and snow came down.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up booking at We Ko Pa - Saguaro, Dinosaur Mtn and Talking Stick - North thanks to the reviews over at golfwrx. Can't wait to get out there with the recent weather here in Boston. I'll be playing this Saturday locally and then most likely be just practicing till Thanksgiving.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ended up booking at We Ko Pa - Saguaro, Dinosaur Mtn and Talking Stick - North thanks to the reviews over at golfwrx. Can't wait to get out there with the recent weather here in Boston. I'll be playing this Saturday locally and then most likely be just practicing till Thanksgiving.

Sounds fun, hope you enjoy and play well.

We're running out of playable (for me) weather here in the Northeast. I'm hoping to get a 36 in one of these upcoming weekends.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics