1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, May 22, 2010.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Uh golf thread, Love it!

I used to play golf quite a lot when I was in school. Now that I graduated and moved back to Mexico City, I can't play a lot. I miss those day when my only concern was to tee up and have tons of fun. I wanted to turn pro, but time was over.

Just fot the record my best handicap was -2 (here in México it would be +2 in the US).

Cheers!

2. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Must be some courses in Meshiko City? Tee it high let it fly amigo.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Yeap there are, but time is an issue and another issue, a big one is price. Golf courses in Mexico City are very, very expensive. I want to go back to Aguascalientes, where I finished my studies, so that I can play golf at least on weekends. I really need it.

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I was on fire on the front 9. Hit all 9 greens! Only problem was they aerated the greens sometime late last week so they were sandy and not quite rolling true. Missed a 10 foot birdie putt on 1, made birdie 2, missed a 7 footer on 3. etc etc... 3 putt on 6 to get back to even. Lip out a eagle putt on 8 and end up 3 putting for par! Stick my sand wedge to 6 feet on 9 and made the birdie putt (finally) to shoot 35 (-1) . Proceed to play a mediocre back 9. Ended up shooting 74 (+2). Over all I was happy with how I played and really looking forward to teeing it up with some friends this weekend.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

I pretty much only played an average of once or twice a year or less from 2002 until last year. Played a few times in 2011 and a bunch this year. I forgot how much I loved it, even better when you start to play well again. Also have some good guys to play with this year :slayer:. Hope you get the chance to play again and don't leave it a decade like I did.

6. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Hey at least we cured the frontnineitis.

7. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Thanks! I try to practice at home, at least the basics, so I don't forget them. And some Sunday's I go to the range to hit some balls.

8. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Me in manga action
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Powered by

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  9. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Hahaha awesome pics. You should make them into trading cards and hand them out to groups that let you play through.

Had a good time playing with friends yesterday. Shot 78, but actually played well. Had 3 putts on the front 9 that sat on the lip and wouldn't fall in. Hit 4-5 iron shots within 10 feet of the hole and bombed a few drives. Had a good time. Trying to get another group together to play this afternoon.

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Anyone else watching the US just throw this away????

11. BonkeyDollocks

BonkeyDollocks Well-Known Member

It was extraordinary. In a good way. [​IMG]

12. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Agreed. Although I hope the U.S. win the next one just to keep it interesting.

13. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

Europe! Europe! Europe! :slayer:

14. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I'm not European nor American, but the Ryder Cup yesterday was awesome! I must confess that I was rooting for Team Europe, but the golf that was exposed yesterday was really, really great! Good shots everywhere in the course. I couldn't leave my room, I didn't want to loose any shot!

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Had a terrible up and down round today and ended up shooting 80. I don't care though because I hit my first hole in one!!!! 178yd par3. Green has a big spine in it sloping from back right to front left. Flag was on the front left. I hit a decent 8 iron to the right side of the green lands short and right on the fringe, bounces left and rolls 12 feet straight into the hole. Too bad I didn't have any witnesses :embar:

16. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

:slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Never had a hole in one, but last round on a 155 yd par three where you can't see the base of the pin because it is behind the lip of a bunker, I hit straight at the pin saw it bounce and head straight then disappear. I thought fuck hole in one hole in one !!!!! but alas a yard short. My father has had 8 holes in one.

Might have had my last round until next spring, playing partners are all busy this month and we can't match up our days off. Might get in a round in November but it is usually too cold.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  17. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Shot 83 on Friday :angry:

Didn't play too badly, had a couple of poor holes but mainly I just couldn't get a putt to drop must have lipped out or left short maybe 10 make-able putts, normally at least a few would have dropped.

My partner shot 101 which is pretty bad for him, but we both birdied the par 5 18th. He hit a great drive and a long iron to the green, I hit a poor drive and then a 260 yard 3 wood to the heart of the green. We both had long eagle putts which we both just missed and tapped in for birdie, so that was a good note to finish on, and keep us coming back for maybe one or two more rounds before the snow comes.

18. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Congratulations! I only have one hole-in-one. Definitely it a moment you will remember all your life. I remember perfectly how it was and just to remember it, give me chills. Bravo!

19. nootje

nootje Senior member

Congrats, and I feel your pain about having no witnesses. The one hole in one I've had so far was during a practice round, alone. I even contemplated waiting 5 minutes for the flight behind me to catch up. Sadly I realized that this wouldnt work either :) ..

20. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Haha There is another green about 100 yards away across the water from hole I hit my hole-in-one on. Some guys were over there putting and I contemplated just yelling to them that i just made a hole-in-one, but figured it was pointless.

Fang I feel your pain on that 83. One my hole-in-one round i lipped out 6 putts and couldn't get anything outside of 4 feet to fall. Ended up shooting an 80 that day haha.