Official Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Piobaire, May 22, 2010.

1. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Going out to the Colonial today to watch golf, drink beer and ogle women. [JulieAndrews]These are a few of my favorite things [/JulieAndrews].

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

1:52 tee time today. 45% off and it includes a cart. Of course it is a municipal course in a not-great part of town but still.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Golf lesson today. Will start talking about clubs.

4. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

90 today. 42 on the back. Pretty pleased with myself, considering I'm a 17-handicapper who breaks 90 maybe 1/10 rounds (my course is pretty difficult). That's 54 holes in 28 hours. Tomorrow will be a day off.

5. Piobaire

Well, got fitted for clubs today and they're having a big sale, so Mrs. Piob and I got a set of Adams, a7OS. Driver, 3 and 5 fairway, 4, 5, 6 hybrid, 7 and 8 hybrid iron, 9, P and S iron and putter. Basically, a complete set in graphite. I seriously thought about the Ping G15, but we basically paid about the same for two complete sets of Adams as I would have paid for a complete set of Pings. Given the stage we are at in this game, I thought what was basically a 2 for 1 was the move to make. [​IMG]

6. leftover_salmon

leftover_salmon Senior member

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

nice clubs. they've been making for 460cc drivers for a few years now. that is now the max a driver can be.

8. edinatlanta

So my front 9 was decent except for two straight shots, two straight water hazards on the first. Basically hit par or +1 on the rest. Then the back 9 were just awful. Stopped keeping score, was well over 100.

As an aside, my cart died on the 9th, a couple of stray dogs wandered around the 11th with us, and it poured down rain on the 18th. My 19th hole is, as always, exceptional.

9. dganderson

dganderson Senior member

Which course did you play? I'm assuming it's in Atlanta based on your name.

10. Piobaire

nice clubs. they've been making for 460cc drivers for a few years now. that is now the max a driver can be.

Thanks. Took the 7 to the range, so Mrs. Piob and I could give the new ones a swing. She did far better with these and hit a few seriously good balls. I did okay to far worse. Figured out the problem; this shaft is about 2" longer than the old 7 iron I had been practicing with. Adjusted and finished off fine.

Will maybe take out the five iron (hybrid) and the nine iron tomorrow.

11. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

Driving from Louisiana to SF next week. Thinking of stopping along the way a few times to play some golf. Will likely be on US 40 much of the way and thinking of playing Kaa-Po Ridge in Sandia Park, NM, then Pebble Beach, or one of the courses around Pebble. Anybody played Kaa-Po before? I played Pebble a few years ago, but want to play again. Would appreciate any other suggestions along the way.

12. AlarmGuy79

AlarmGuy79 Active Member

8:30 tee time at Heron Bay in Coral Springs, FL tommorrow. Just getting back into the swing of things and I as well struggle. Fortunately I'm very confident in my sand game and there is limited water at Heron Bay.

This is a great thread btw.

13. edinatlanta

Which course did you play? I'm assuming it's in Atlanta based on your name.

Brown's Mill. Not too bad actually.

14. Piobaire

Trying to decide if we should go hit a local "executive" course. I d/l'ed their score card and not a hole over 185 yards. Probably just go hit a bucket with Mrs. Piob though.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Trying to decide if we should go hit a local "executive" course. I d/l'ed their score card and not a hole over 185 yards. Probably just go hit a bucket with Mrs. Piob though.

Par three courses can be fun. Don't even bother bringing your 460 cc driver though.