• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Golf Thread

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren’t they mainly known for raingear? I’ve seen that in the wild but not sure I’ve ever seen shirts and pants from them.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’ve got a little bit of everything. I’d put the stuff our club stocks somewhere in the GFore/Travis Matthew spectrum of how loud it is. Their outerwear and rain gear is a little more subtle.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Anyone want to share anything about golf clothing, where they shop for and what they are doing?

A lot of newer brands out there but filled with a whole lot of small collar polos, and Tommy bahama feel.

Interesting articles about Sid Mashburn as golf clothing in WSJ.

Keith Mitchell in Sid Mashburn is a great look.

keith-mitchell.jpg

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear Lululemon on the course pretty much exclusively. Their old tech pique polo was great, and I’ve got enough pairs of the slim commission pants (no break naturally, which looks ridiculous with golf shoes without longer socks but great with loafers at the clubhouse). I want to try their new polo as well.

When it’s rainy or cold as spring in the Midwest is apt to be, it’s usually Patagonia q-zips on top. Haven’t found a good golf shoe yet (was going to try the FJ 1857 but they’re discontinued so buying the tour premiere now)

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe an obscure question but yardage and greens books - Anyone tried any of the online companies that make them or have a favorite vendor? Have a few trips and tournaments this summer and won't have local caddies available everywhere. Seems like there are maybe 3 or 4 bigger options.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe an obscure question but yardage and greens books - Anyone tried any of the online companies that make them or have a favorite vendor? Have a few trips and tournaments this summer and won't have local caddies available everywhere. Seems like there are maybe 3 or 4 bigger options.

Strackaline seems to be the benchmark. GolfLogix gives you 60-80% of Strackaline for 30% of the price...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strackaline seems to be the benchmark. GolfLogix gives you 60-80% of Strackaline for 30% of the price...
That was basically what it looked like. Also looked at PuttView which might be sort of between them. Might just end up ordering Logix and PuttView for my club and test it out somewhere I know well since they’re relatively cheap.

I normally just use arccos/range finder and have been using the grint for the weekly rounds when we play basic games more for that feature but would rather not be messing with my phone non-stop to be able to leave it available for music on buddies trips and not have it out a bunch during tournaments even though it’s technically legal.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Golflogix ones for a trip to Pebble/Spyglass a month or so ago. They were pretty helpful, and seemingly much more accurate than the caddy that the other people in our group had. The strackaline ones might have too much information unless you really know what youre doing or are into Aimpoint. But I think they might have a card with just the green info that might be ~50 bucks or so. The yardage book portion of the Golflogix book is not so great.

I'll try to find them and post some pics.

Schwazer

Reaction score

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the TSi going?

Highest lofted wedge is only 56*?
I love the TSi. I was never very good at getting launch with a fairway off the deck but I can absolutely bear down on a ball and make it on the green of a long par 5 in 2 if my game is working out for me.

Have a spot open in the bag that I think is going to be a lob wedge. My chipping has been garbage so far this year, might need to pop that order in soon.

Schwazer

Reaction score
Need a close up pic of your Scotty!

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time swinging a club since last year. Lockdown ended for golf last Monday here in Ireland.

AB3E2A5B-4F74-467A-B62A-B5402D54604D.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads