• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hanging with my bro George
IMG_20191011_200006.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Best part was that they had live closed captioning, but they clearly had someone who had never read sci-fi or fantasy.

Every time someone would say a weird word, there would be giggles in the audience as people watched the transcriptionist try and fail. No problem quickly typing miscegenation, but get a word like terrans or names like Boromir and you start seeing backspacing, pauses, and eventually something very wrong.

My favorite is when he said archmaester. I could just see what was going though their head
"what? What is that... You know, I bet he meant to say archbishop, I'll just put that"

"****. He said it again. Wtf is this word? Too late, I'm already committed, archbishop it is"

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I was in Bayeux, France and got to see the Bayeux Tapestry - what a magnificent piece of art and storytelling that is! Anyway, I also got to see a Game of Thrones Tapestry, which was commissioned by Ireland and took some photos of that.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago, I was in Bayeux, France and got to see the Bayeux Tapestry - what a magnificent piece of art and storytelling that is! Anyway, I also got to see a Game of Thrones Tapestry, which was commissioned by Ireland and took some photos of that.

View attachment 1263038
View attachment 1263039
View attachment 1263041
View attachment 1263042
View attachment 1263045
View attachment 1263047
View attachment 1263048
View attachment 1263049
View attachment 1263051
View attachment 1263052
View attachment 1263053
View attachment 1263054

What a ****** ending, worst tapestry ever.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When asked to comment, Benioff and Weiss said “After careful consideration, we concluded that the Star Wars franchise has already been fucked up beyond any hope for redemption. Therefore we would prefer to turn our energies toward grotesquely ******* up something else that still has room to be completely ruined in ways previously thought not possible.”

Recent reports suggest the duo is in talks to produce a Broadway musical version of the film “Alien” and an x-rated spin off of “Mary Poppins”.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They kind of forgot about other commitments

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
When asked to comment, Benioff and Weiss said “After careful consideration, we concluded that the Star Wars franchise has already been fucked up beyond any hope for redemption. Therefore we would prefer to turn our energies toward grotesquely ******* up something else that still has room to be completely ruined in ways previously thought not possible.”

Recent reports suggest the duo is in talks to produce a Broadway musical version of the film “Alien” and an x-rated spin off of “Mary Poppins”.
Would watch. Julie Andrews was hot back in the day.

alex99

Reaction score

...Still, HBO is not yet done with the “Game of Thrones” universe. Work continues on a second prequel project focusing on the Targaryen Civil War. The project hasn’t officially received a pilot order, but with this news an order seems more likely.

This is obviously high-stakes stuff for HBO. “Game of Thrones” was the cable network’s biggest, most popular series ever and there’s a strong desire to continue the franchise inspired by the books of George R.R. Martin.

According to THR, the other series is said to focus on the reign of Targaryen kings in the lead-up to the events of “Game of Thrones,” aligning the project more closely to the days of Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) than the jettisoned prequel — though still quite a bit earlier than the events of “Game of Thrones.”

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...Still, HBO is not yet done with the “Game of Thrones” universe. Work continues on a second prequel project focusing on the Targaryen Civil War. The project hasn’t officially received a pilot order, but with this news an order seems more likely.

This is obviously high-stakes stuff for HBO. “Game of Thrones” was the cable network’s biggest, most popular series ever and there’s a strong desire to continue the franchise inspired by the books of George R.R. Martin.

According to THR, the other series is said to focus on the reign of Targaryen kings in the lead-up to the events of “Game of Thrones,” aligning the project more closely to the days of Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) than the jettisoned prequel — though still quite a bit earlier than the events of “Game of Thrones.”
I really hope they don't rely too heavily on dragons. They're dessert. Not the meal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads