• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A moment of silence, please, for the unrelenting hellscape that is George's life these days:
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/george-r-r-martin-game-of-thrones-ending-1202166798/

This quote:

“Some of [the theories] are right and some of [the theories] are wrong,” Martin said in response to fan speculation about what’s to come in the new books. “They’ll find out when I finish.”

61808-Jon-Hamm-smile-and-nod-gif-mad-BJh6.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another good quote:

“You can’t please everybody, so you’ve got to please yourself,”

Wanker talking about wanking.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hahahaha. Rome was a better show just sayin.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rome was fantastic. It really deserved more seasons.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rome was awesome. I read somewhere the show was supposed to be longer but they cut it to 2 seasons.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rome was awesome. I read somewhere the show was supposed to be longer but they cut it to 2 seasons.

Yeah. I think it was meant to be 4 seasons. There was talk of a movie or series of movies focusing on Vorenus and Pullo but nothing ever came of it I guess. :(

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I stopped giving a crap about GoT when I first saw The Expanse in late 2015. Really excited that Amazon picked it up and expanded its budget.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think it was meant to be 4 seasons. There was talk of a movie or series of movies focusing on Vorenus and Pullo but nothing ever came of it I guess. :(
The guy who played Mark Antony was pretty pissed off Rome only lasted 2 seasons and then GoT came along and was a huge hit. He was like “we were GoT before GoT. The show never got the credit it deserved.”

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

after the Deadwood movie fiasco you should probably be happy about that

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The guy who played Mark Antony was pretty pissed off Rome only lasted 2 seasons and then GoT came along and was a huge hit. He was like “we were GoT before GoT. The show never got the credit it deserved.”

Yeah, I think he was offered a part in GoT and turned it down. I mean, he's bitchy, but correct.

after the Deadwood movie fiasco you should probably be happy about that

Oh hell seriously? I haven't seen the Deadwood movie yet but I have high hopes.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the expanse tv show better than the book? Because the book was awful.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't read the novels so I can't say.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm holding off on reading the books. I've learned my lesson about reading an unfinished series.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm holding off on reading the books. I've learned my lesson about reading an unfinished series.

Same here. I got through the third GoT novel and realized I was wasting my time. I'm not going to start on The Expanse series. Sticking with the show heh.

Although, the story of how the books came together is kinda interesting. Guy did a bunch of worldbuilding for what was going to be a Chinese MMORPG, which fell through, so his writer friend suggested they team up and write novels based on what he had done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads