• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chill? Yeah, right, I'm worked up about it. If you can't post what you mean it's not on me and expect to get corrected.

we all know better

triggeredfatladey.gif

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still don't get the whole "birthright" claim that Dany has to the throne. Last I remember, her whole family was killed and specifically deposed from the throne. How does she still get to claim birthright? Her family had only ruled for like 300 years.

So I agree with your first statement. Dany's claim to the throne should be the same as anyone else's--she would get it simply because she killed enough people to convince everyone else that they should let her be queen.

I dunno about that--Robert is referred to as the usurper. That word implies illegality or illegitimacy. If you believe in bloodlines/birthright, then that trumps anything else. We are also given to believe that many in westeros agree with this--they wanted to go about their lives so they accepted Robert's rule, but they would support a true targ monarch.

The targs united the 7 kingdoms, so if you are going to go with bloodline stuff, I suppose you can make an argument that 300 years doesn't matter as they essentially created a new throne. There was no one else before them.

Robert failed to end the bloodline, so the claim must still exist (that's why he was so dedicated to making sure they were all gone even if they were just babies).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lulz @ cross thread butt hurt for Hutriggered. Go **** post in your thread for shitposting.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I dunno about that--Robert is referred to as the usurper. That word implies illegality or illegitimacy. If you believe in bloodlines/birthright, then that trumps anything else. We are also given to believe that many in westeros agree with this--they wanted to go about their lives so they accepted Robert's rule, but they would support a true targ monarch.

The targs united the 7 kingdoms, so if you are going to go with bloodline stuff, I suppose you can make an argument that 300 years doesn't matter as they essentially created a new throne. There was no one else before them.

Robert failed to end the bloodline, so the claim must still exist (that's why he was so dedicated to making sure they were all gone even if they were just babies).

And that's why Ned Stark, for all his glorious honour, lived a lie and endured nearly two decades of his wife being a shrew.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All great points. I just have to wonder at how much the average joe (or noble, since the real average joes don't really matter) would be willing to throw down and fight for a Dany vs. Jon bloodline matchup.

And now, having typed that, I start to wonder about how many people's opinions actually matter in Westeros. Since we're talking the great houses and their bannermen, that number is probably in the (low) dozens, if that. So maybe if, say, a dozen people (if they're the right people) still believe in the Targaryen right to rule, that's enough.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the weapon Arya wanted Gendry to make? My guess is some sort of walking cain sword, or something else. It's definitely something, that I'm certain of.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What was the weapon Arya wanted Gendry to make? My guess is some sort of walking cain sword, or something else. It's definitely something, that I'm certain of.

looks like short sword with obsidian point to me, or maybe staff with obsidian point

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a bit fuzzy about what Gendry was making during the forging scene---was he supposed to be making arrowheads by melting obsidian? Because I don't think it works that way.

Otherwise, what else would they do with arrow heads? Don't think they work very well against zombies.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From one of the shows writers:

"We've all read the books countless times so we all have a pretty thorough working knowledge of them. That said, we sometimes have to alter book lore a bit to fit the demands of the show. For example, changing Asha Greyjoy's name to Yara and that dragonglass also kills wights, as we saw in 605."

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit fuzzy about what Gendry was making during the forging scene---was he supposed to be making arrowheads by melting obsidian? Because I don't think it works that way.

Otherwise, what else would they do with arrow heads? Don't think they work very well against zombies.
There's dragons, resurrecting people, flame swords, etc. Don't overthink it.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It has been said that dragons have no sex but like some lizards and fish will assume and/or change sex when need be. Once Jon bonds with Rhaegal, it will make him turn male while Viserion will turn female. Daenarys will get preggo and Viserion will lay eggs

Sidenote: Where is Ghost?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the books, iron killed the wights and White Walkers, so maybe Gendry's just making black iron weapons, rather than steel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads