• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stever

Reaction score
wasn;'t too sold on the first episode
frown.gif
hopefully it picks up a bit in future

in other news, momoa/ khal drogo looks like a yoked out dave navarro

runner-guy

Reaction score
Just watched the first episode on DVR last night. I know nothing about these stories so this is all new to me. Overall I thought it was pretty cool and the boobage was nice. I'm still trying to get all the characters straight. The last scene where the guy was banging his own twin sister in the tower was definitely weird. Anyway, I'll keep watching.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
Danys resistance to heat in the bath.

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
I don't know why, but I loved that detail.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by runner-guy
Just watched the first episode on DVR last night. I know nothing about these stories so this is all new to me. Overall I thought it was pretty cool and the boobage was nice. I'm still trying to get all the characters straight. The last scene where the guy was banging his own twin sister in the tower was definitely weird. Anyway, I'll keep watching.

I had to rewatch the episode twice to finally get that they were twins
ffffuuuu.gif

matik23

Reaction score
Hopefully there's a future scene with the twins and the midget sibling, guaranteed fap on the scene.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. I read the books quite a few years ago but a lot of details resurfaced as the episode went on. Opening scene was great, rather creepy.

The amount of bewbs should entice anyone to watch.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really a spoiler since nothing has happened regarding this yet (AFFC, not AGOT)

I reread a part of A Feast For Crows last night - with the Ironmen, Euron Greyjoy having found that Dragonhorn that a) burns blower to a crisp and b) allegedly can bind dragons to the bearer's will, which will be really interesting when Dany gets off her pasty white ass and back to Westeros. I want "ASOIAF - Westeros & Dragons versus the Others" not "ASOIAF - War of Cersei's C*nt"

Plus Dany in the movie is hot - my image of her was more waifish, not the delicious Emilia Clarke

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
Not really a spoiler since nothing has happened regarding this yet (AFFC, not AGOT)

I reread a part of A Feast For Crows last night - with the Ironmen, Euron Greyjoy having found that Dragonhorn that a) burns blower to a crisp and b) allegedly can bind dragons to the bearer's will, which will be really interesting when Dany gets off her pasty white ass and back to Westeros. I want "ASOIAF - Westeros & Dragons versus the Others" not "ASOIAF - War of Cersei's C*nt"

Plus Dany in the movie is hot - my image of her was more waifish, not the delicious Emilia Clarke

War of Cerseis **** wont happen. I really think GRRM is gonna axe her.

So many ******* it was awesome. Can't wait to see Bron.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So many ******* it was awesome. Can't wait to see *Bronn.

He's quite sketchy. Here's a pic if you're interested:

Bronn_in_the_Vale.jpg

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the first ep was good but nowhere near as good as Rome. It's a real shame they discontinued that one.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
He's quite sketchy. Here's a pic if you're interested:

Bronn_in_the_Vale.jpg

IDK if I'm feeling that one
frown.gif

Hopefully the acting makes it better

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

I actually thought the nudity was distracting. I'm buying the story, it's coming along nicely and then after you've seen like... the 4th pair (1 pair two or three times) my brain goes "Yeah, I'm watching an HBO show." Even worse is the nudity was handled in a sexist and immature way. During the wedding there is a scene where a man takes another man off a woman and then one of the men proceeds to killing the other. After the prying both men are presented facing the camera in their near entirety and there is a logical expectation to see a penis and there isn't one. Which once again makes you question the authenticity of the whole thing.

That said, these are minor complaints. Just from the premiere, if I had to bet, I'd think this show is going to be more solid then Boardwalk Empire.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was fairly disappointed. I re read all of the books in anticipation for this, and the characters were pretty off (with the exception of the Starks). There was no ridiculous, cruel rage out of Viserys. The **** on the show (which everyone on SF seems to be in agreement on) was far different than what the book portrayed. They missed the whole point of the "No" and lost a lot of the Khaal's character. Tyrion was incredibly charming (point), not particularly jaded (lost point) and wouldn't have been a bad looking if he was 3 feet taller (major points lost). It's going to be hard to push a lot of Tyrion's stories without the "Imp" factor. He'll probably be one of my favorite characters in the show, however. Joff was supposed to be very good looking, not Malfoy's little brother. Where did everyone's curls go (this one is unrealistic when casting and doesn't bug me THAT much)? Sansa and John weren't quite what I'd invisioned, but they work given the books. Cersei is probably going to grow on me as a character. She seems to have the right ingredients. Same goes for Jaime. Mad props on Ned Stark, Bran, and Arya. Catelyn looks like an aged version of the perfect character, but everyone is older I guess. Her character is spot on.

The little touches were nifty and made me happy, even if they did seem forced.

All in all I think that this show needs to slow the **** down already. If they're running at the pace the whole time it's gonna blow. If they can get it on lock, I think it'll make for a good series, but only if it runs parallel to the book instead of right on top of the story.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm talking more just the focus of the series, the whole "War of the Five Kings" (which was nicknamed by some Lannister mook to be the War over Cersei's ****) thing completely distracted from the main plot, which is Dany (plus Jon Targaryen/Snow versus the Others (Plus Euron Greyjoy)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads