OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

Haven't seen this last episode, but god damn I can't wait to see this scene!! :slayer:

Last edited: May 8, 2012

2. otc

otc Senior member

Thought it was a good episode.

Some big departures from the book but I don't really mind (and it was nothing that I remembered so explicitly that I really cared). Only thing I thought goofy was that Arya's chosen victims are going by very obvious murder. There used to be something more mystical about it...first victim was alone when he fell (although I get they had to add him into the scene to make it obvious to viewers that he was killing as per Arya's request) and the second victim was surprisingly killed by his own faithful hunting dog.
    Am I remembering it right that there still was a scene with Arya and a letter in the book but it was simply resolved by the guard not being able to read and thus letting her go?

I wonder whether or not they are going to draw out the fake killing of Bran and Rickon and have them end up back hiding inside winterfell. It was a pretty good plot/character move in the book with a touch of the old unreliable narrator...but unless they really disfigure the heads, a TV audience will know its not Bran.

3. javyn

javyn Senior member

IIRC, Theon dips the peasant heads in tar before displaying them to make them unrecognizable. Also don't remember Ser Rodrick dying this way? Didn't he have his arm cut off instead by one of Theon's men?

4. otc

otc Senior member

I think I remember Rodrick dying that way...with special emphasis on the fact that Theon couldn't do it in a clean stroke like Ned would have.

As for the heads...unless we never see a close shot (which is possible since the people never would have really seen them but from a distance either) I still think it would be easy to pick up on if it was actually bran. Who knows what the other kid looks like though...I always forget.

I wonder about Reek/Ramsay...He hasn't been written in yet (although they mention sending an army with Roose's son) and I recall it being somewhat important that Reek knows the truth about the Stark kids after he comes in and takes back Winterfell from Theon.

5. javyn

javyn Senior member

You're right, you're right, I was thinking of someone else.

6. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

No, Rodrick gets killed by Ramsay and his men when he is about to take the castle back from Theon. Someone else gets beheaded by Theon but I can't remember who it was.

7. otc

otc Senior member

Oh, that's right...because Rodrick was out trying to save the coast. I remember finding that weird that they all of the sudden dragged him in by himself. He had the remaining Winterfell garrison with him which probably could have held against Theon's small band.

Was it the smith who gets killed? The one who made Arya's sword

8. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

Bingo. Mikken. And part of the reason Theon struggles so much with the beheading is the guy's got massive neck and shoulders (being a blacksmith and all).

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

Okay so I was right then haha.

Did Rodrick really die though? I just read he had his arm chopped

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

pretty sure he died

i thought ygritte was supposed to be butt ugly.

don't mind at all tho

can't wait for sexy time

oh wait

11. otc

otc Senior member

I don't think she was supposed to be traditionally pretty, but I think the red hair is a somewhat desirable and attractive trait amongst the wildlings. Since it is sort of hard to portray that sort of societal difference on screen, it is much easier to just make her generally attractive. Also don't mind (and its probably good for ratings or whatever)

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

ygritte and snow bump uglies???

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

no cuz jon snow is a fag (not really, but up tight)

also i dont remember the dragons being ever stolen.

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

too bad, she was horny and ready to go.

that shit was CRAY!

Last edited: May 8, 2012

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

See I think the girl who's playing Asha or whatever the hell they've decided to call her for TV purposes looks much the way I would've expected Ygritte to look. But I really do not mind the change at all. It's basically impossible to determine casting on the basis of that episode, we'll see going forward.