OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Loved the scene with Littlefinger, Tywin and Arya. I think Littlefinger knows that it's Arya, but for now he knows something Tywin doesn't and until he can figure out how to profit from that fact, he wants it to stay that way.

I really think this season gets better every episode. Naked Osha was a treat too.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Makes sense. Also at this point I guess the Reeds have been written out.

Bran and Hodor can easily make it north on their own.

Very disappointed with the riot. The low budget really showed.

lefty

3. javyn

javyn Senior member

Haven't seen the latest ep, but is it just me, or has Ros gotten a bit chunk this season?

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

The Reeds were a cool part of the book, but it's not a big deal to cut them out. People are already complaining that the show has too many characters, and ultimately everything the Reeds did could be done by another character without distorting the plot.

However, leaving out Vargo Hoat is mega lame. He's not all that necessary, but he's colorful and badass, in a disgusting sort of way. Hopefully he will show up soon but I'm losing faith.

5. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

She wasn't on this one. I think she might have been preggers.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Ygritte is pretty great and likewise was waiting for the line. Though I found it kind of annoying in BadRobertJordanish sort of way in the books.

Sandor's pretty good too to some extent, but there just isn't enough screen time to go around to establish him as enough of a complete asshole.

Also I would have assumed the Warlocks stole the Dragons? I mean I know this didn't happen in the books but cmon, they foreshadowed those dudes doing something nefarious in the intro by showing their previous creepy appearance.

They may put him in just for the Jaimie stuff escape/capture/mutilation etc. Could also interweave with Beric to the extent they include that story.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

Sandor Clegane is a badass character, and IMO one of the best cast in the show. I wish he'd get more time. Gregor in Season 1 was great too, but not sure I like the new guy playing him, even though he's only been in like one scene.

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

There is a lot of bullshitty writing in the books that needs to be dealt with. Who lords in Harrenhal at any given point is a confusing mess (do the bloody mummers really need three names?). I think that insignificant characters like VH can be dropped or brought in at the last moment to do what they are known for.

I was bugged by the staging of the Dany staircase conversation. The Osha nudity was unnecessary. Theon is played more as a whiny little fuck then in the books.

lefty

9. Reynard369

Reynard369 Senior member

+17

I don't think so. I got more of "Hmm, this girl looks familiar... Oh wait, I'm busy talking to Tywin" than "That's Arya Stark! How can I use this info to my advantage?" from his facial expressions.

No, the Reeds are important characters. Not right away, other than for expository purposes which can be done without them, but eventually they play an important part that the other characters couldn't do.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You are fo, fo, wite. You are compweetwee wite.

11. gort

gort Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

I havent seen the last two eps, and from reading this and hearing things through twitter I can sense some extreme fuckery is afoot. Can someone PM with all the shit they've fucked up?

13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Someone needs to make a "tyrion slaps joffrey for 10 minutes, AGAIN!" video [​IMG]

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

How many times has he smacked that little bitch now?

lefty

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

finally watched it

i was like ZOOOOOOOOOOMG at the end. she focking better. i was pissed.

not sold on that about finger, but the scenes with arya and tywin are becoming my favorites. they make for the perfect clever guarded convos.

:nodding: tho her body looked weird as hell when she snuk away from theon. who i hate btw. what blithering fool, and a total tool.

lolawesomestscene