1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

He was referring to pushing bran out of the window

2. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

No, in the book during that conversation instead of chastising Ned for having Jon, Jaime admitted to pushing Bran out the tower window, but denied sending an assassin

Well, IIRC, Jorah betrayed her for a royal pardon so he could go back home, but saved her from Varys' assassin at the last minute, I guess because he fell in love w/ her. Still though, think he's a great character, want to see more of him, and hope he gets a POV in an upcoming book.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  3. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Well-Known Member

Doh!

4. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

I think the Jon Snow storyline is much better in the show. IIRC, Jon more or less knew what Quorin was aiming at, but struggled with the thought of having to kill him to make it happen. IMO, Jon killing Quorin in fit of rage was epic, and IMO creates more internal conflict for him that still rings true to what we know will happen with the storyline in the later books/seasons.

5. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Didn't Jamie confess to Cat just after he was captured in S1? Getting hard to keep the book and show straight.

lefty

6. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

+1, I care much more about Jon, and Dany, in the show than in the book.

7. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Shouldn't all the Jorah stuff be in spoiler tags or do we already know about that in the show? I didn't think it had been revealed...

8. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Yeah it has, right before the assassin tried to feed Dany some poison wine, Jorah was handed a pardon from Varys. Could have been a little more clear I guess, but it did happen.

9. Ataturk

Ataturk Well-Known Member

So does anyone else find the Brienne character on the show even more insufferable than the one in the book? Her only interesting dimension -- that she's young, insecure, and inexperienced -- is gone, replaced with a generic warrior woman who tortures people to death. What the hell?

I really look forward to following her pointless quests for the next couple seasons.

10. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Eh...don't care enough about Brienne to even find her insufferable. Seems like one of those types of characters that should get whacked off early on, but will likely survive until the very end.

11. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Well-Known Member

Yep I saw this too, plus the look of guilt on Jorah's face when he saw the wine seller

12. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

I had suspected that but I don't remember whether it was clearly pointed out. Good to know that that's what happened.

13. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

It happened, but wasn't emphasized. I can see how it would be easy to miss. HBO should have flashed a titty during that scene or something. Maybe a quick cut-scene to Ros riding a John reverse cowgirl or something, then back to the Dany story, to let us know we should be paying attention at that point.

14. Reynard369

Reynard369 Well-Known Member

I think the opposite. Him killing Qhorin in a fit of rage just makes him a dick, and really someone who actually betrayed his vows and killed a brother (in spirit as well as in deed).

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Brienne hasn't had enough screen time to acquire depth as a character yet, give it time, they still have to do whatever they're going to do instead of the Vargo Hoat thing.

16. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

it seemed to me that Jon Snow knew what was going on.

lol.

17. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Pretender.

18. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Not quite. A few episodes ago Qhorin warned Jon he was going to have to do it.

Btw, I actually like Brienne I find she's refreshingly ernest. Plus so far appears pretty innocent in intentions compared to just about all the living characters bar Sansa.

19. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Well-Known Member

Aegon IV not only legitimized me, but he gave me Blackfyre. The ancestral sword of House Targaryen. I'm no pretender ser. The iron throne belonged to me.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, this thread has jumped the shark, and that shark is currently attempting to apply advanced trigonometry to dungeons and dragons.