• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that ****** even working on the next book?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that ****** even working on the next book?

Supposedly ~300 pages in. Theon POV chapter is available for reading on his website.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

George. Just fyi. We have your family. If anything should happen to you, well, let's just say we can't be held accountable for the consequences. Wrap this bad boy up. Fewer donuts you eat, longer you've got.

:laugh: +1

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
reading the book i had always thought the shadow babies were born shadows but looked like actual people (which is why that big blond lady soldier should have said the assassin looked like stannis). i always imagined them to be kinda like the forgettable assassins in the dune series (?) or like the grey fox in oblivion ie they're normal people whose faces are entirely forgettable and who's presence you dont notice until they kill you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

reading the book i had always thought the shadow babies were born shadows but looked like actual people (which is why that big blond lady soldier should have said the assassin looked like stannis). i always imagined them to be kinda like the forgettable assassins in the dune series (?) or like the grey fox in oblivion ie they're normal people whose faces are entirely forgettable and who's presence you dont notice until they kill you.

the big blonde lady (briene, i think) said it did look like stannis.

btw, for anyone who knows, exactly how powerful are these ghost babies, and can they be killed?

answer in a spoiler if needed, im curious and dont care if gives something away later.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah but it didnt actually look like stannis. was more like a black vapory shadow

can't be killed. i think they go away after they've done what they were made to do

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the big blonde lady (briene, i think) said it did look like stannis.
btw, for anyone who knows, exactly how powerful are these ghost babies, and can they be killed?
answer in a spoiler if needed, im curious and dont care if gives something away later.

nobody knows. They seem to kill people and then disappear[/quote]

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah but it didnt actually look like stannis. was more like a black vapory shadow
can't be killed. i think they go away after they've done what they were made to do

nobody knows. They seem to kill people and then disappear

interesting thanks.

so can i assume that this shadow thingy wont be playing a major role? and what about the red princesses promise to stannis of a son, i guess that is not happening, is stannis gonna pick up on that and be pissed? im an inpatient bastard, feed me info.

Last edited:

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for book peoples: The lady who warns Jorah Mormont about Dany in Qarth is totally new right? Or am I forgetting someone?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep, I think this woman mistakenly walked into the scene when she was supposed to be on a Mighty Boosh set...

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hope he has an ending in mind and doesn't just make **** up like George Lucas.

I think he does. Saw an interview w/ him on youtube, and from what I got of it, it's not so much about writing the next book(s) but deciding what that he has already written to put in there. He still has tons of material from GOT that he had to cut that he'd still like to include, and may later, int the story even.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads