• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not loving the Greyjoy casting: Balon and Asha.

lefty

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

The books are filled with ass and *******. Bunch of half naked people, a whore house, constant sex scenes. I mean, what the **** did you expect?

Moderation.

+1
Then again, the sex scenes don't seem out of place in the books as they do the show.

I agree -- that's my point.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

man, HBO oversexing the show is starting to be annoying.

Is this in reference to the 1st or 2nd ep? Haven't watched the 2nd yet, but I didn't think there was much sex in the 1st (just the brothel scene).

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:confused:
The books are filled with ass and *******. Bunch of half naked people, a whore house, constant sex scenes. I mean, what the **** did you expect?

seriously, within the first few chapters of the second book you have

a detailed narration of theon busting off in a girl's mouth before he gropes and feels up his ******* sister.

this **** is tame; if anything they're playing up the violence. stabbing babies? wtf? if there was taboo stuff for tv, that would be it.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
what bothers me is they're adding sex scenes that aren't in the book just for the sake of having more SEX and it being ADULT. most of the sex scenes in the book are at least tangentially related to the plot.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think babies getting stabbed is more "adult" than 10 seconds of *******; maybe thats just me. the book alludes to the baby stabbing and to littlefinger's whorehouse just the same

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a scene in ep 2 that's a little awkward and unnecessary. I think S2 will also see many characters being dropped or combined with others. There seems to be a few plot changes as well. The name change from Asha to Yara seems a little stupid. Thought she'd be a little better looking.

Asha > Yara Greyjoy:

Margaery Tyrell:

Though I like Brienne:

lefty

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brienne looks wrong. Shes supposed to be big and manly and really homely

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'll make it work. And @ lefty,

was it the one with Littlefinger? If so, I completely agree, did not see the point in that.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Brienne looks wrong. Shes supposed to be big and manly and really homely

I think they can make her look pretty plain. I read her as awkward and gangly more than manotaur.

WYHI?

They'll make it work. And @ lefty,

was it the one with Littlefinger? If so, I completely agree, did not see the point in that.

Yes. It was poorly cut and a little WTF. They really don't need to do that ****.

lefty

Last edited:

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
lefty you seem like an interested guy. id love to eat dinner with you.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

She's 6'3".

NSFW but SFGoT:

350x536px-LL-38eea124_IMG_0004.jpeg
lefty

Ok, she's casted perfectly

now can I please have some context on WTF is going on in that photo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics