OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Dec 5, 2010.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Thank you Reynard. I'll probably stick it out. On episode 4 now.

2. javyn

javyn Senior member

1/4 done Clash of Kings now...getting good. Really good. I like Aryia. Haven't read anything on Jaime yet, hope to soon, he's one of my favorite characters.

3. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I'm about 1/3 into Storm of Swords and I am kind of starting to get the Wire comparisons. The way the world is so complete and the characters so complicated. And the way you watch people you admire make these really horrible decisions that will destroy them.

The more I read, the more I feel that Arya and Bran are the center of the series, which is of course ironic considering how much removed they are from the big public moments.

4. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

How do you feel about Ygritte?
    [​IMG]

5. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

I never thought they would cast Ygritte well. Martin goes To some lengths in the book to establish that she isn't all that good looking and is a hellcat and a fighter to boot. Kinda dulls the humanity of that story arc to make her a wildling hottie.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  6. jarude

jarude Senior member

she's a ginger at least

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

there was no way they were going to make Jon's love interest homely. Tyrion is regularly described as very ugly, but they cast the best looking dwarf in history to play him (not that I'm complaining, because Dinklage is great in the role). I bet they find a way to make Brienne attractive too.

8. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Although, the only person I know who finds Jon Snow attractive tends to be attracted to babyface guys :/

Edit: The only appropriate use of "Winter is Coming:"
    [​IMG]

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Jon Snow is the most gorgeous actor on the show. I'd let him man my wall any day.

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I´m watching the last episodes of the first season again. Joffrey has got to be most vile character ever, though great in the point of view of the story. I haven´t read the books but I hope Ned´s son beheads him.

11. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

No, the best looking little person acting right now is Mark Povinelli from Are You There, Chelsea?

12. Quatsch

Quatsch Senior member

Wrapping up A Feast for Crows. Jamie Lannister is rapidly becoming one of my favourite (remaining) characters and I started out hating his guts, so its pretty interesting. I started out in this series expecting a cheap thrill and its proved to be so much more than that.

13. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

This upsets me. I don't know why they cast such a standard looking hottie. I mean, there are non-conventional hot girls that could have been perfect.

Tyrion I don't mind the casting as much, simply because his acting ability is so amazing.

14. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

They have to, in some degree. The descriptions of her in the book are downright cartoonish.

They could have done a lot better with Ygritte. Lot's of ginger girls are "doable" but not very pretty.
    I always thought the eroticism of her and Jon had more to do with Jon doing something he thought was very taboo, also because he's an ultravirgin.

I think the best casting so far has been Littlefinger and Varys. Catelyn Stark has been the worst.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  15. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

She should be prettier but she's an unlikeable idiot.

Which is accurate