• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caught the latest episode of HoD. I don't get how that one knight is all pissed that he broke his oath when he hooked up with Rhaenyra but then had no problems going downtown on Hightower and letting her ride the magic stick. Dude can certainly get around to all the high born women.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught the latest episode of HoD. I don't get how that one knight is all pissed that he broke his oath when he hooked up with Rhaenyra but then had no problems going downtown on Hightower and letting her ride the magic stick. Dude can certainly get around to all the high born women.
And he’s currently with the one that didn’t grow up ugly.
#winning

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to reread the book before starting a GoT season. I can’t be bothered any longer. But I think this has all been reasonably faithful to the source material so far…?

The show puts all of GRRM’s fetishes on display. I think we’ve had incest, orgies, feet, bondage, hentai (if we can count that weird tentacle that came out of the red witch’s cooter)….before this season is over we’ll see a Targaryen woman stuck between two washboards

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to reread the book before starting a GoT season. I can’t be bothered any longer. But I think this has all been reasonably faithful to the source material so far…?

The show puts all of GRRM’s fetishes on display. I think we’ve had incest, orgies, feet, bondage, hentai (if we can count that weird tentacle that came out of the red witch’s cooter)….before this season is over we’ll see a Targaryen woman stuck between two washboards
And it doesn't even need to be a step sister stuck between two washboards. It'll just be a sister.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By and large, I'd say, though there have been some distinct deviations.

I have to assume they went (relatively) light on the brutality in E1's "whoa" scene...which kinda sucks/diminished the savagery of it, imo.

But, I found myself nitpicking the episode to high hades, so I think I'm going to just wait and binge. Not having a week to kvetch between episodes will be good for the soul.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So far IMO this season has been a little meh. The Blood and Cheese setup and scene seemed a little rushed and underwhelming. I don't remember, in the show did she only have one son? Or was the other prince just not there in the room when they showed up? If the latter, cutting the part where they made her choose which son was to die then killing the other one and telling the one that survived that his mother wanted him dead was something that shouldn't have been cut.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So far IMO this season has been a little meh. The Blood and Cheese setup and scene seemed a little rushed and underwhelming. I don't remember, in the show did she only have one son? Or was the other prince just not there in the room when they showed up? If the latter, cutting the part where they made her choose which son was to die then killing the other one and telling the one that survived that his mother wanted him dead was something that shouldn't have been cut.
Only the one, unless I missed something.

You have to assume given the inclusion of young children, they wanted to tone down on the mental (and visual) brutality of it. Eliminating the screaming/terrified 5 year olds, one thinks.

Totally fine NOT showing a child getting his head lopped off, but eliminating the brutal dilemma bit of it for Alicent is an awful and inexplicable choice, imo...particularly with fallout-y things still to come.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to skip Season 2. I didn't care about any of the characters in Season 1 and so now that they're starting to kill each other's children I'm going to take a pass.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only the one, unless I missed something.

You have to assume given the inclusion of young children, they wanted to tone down on the mental (and visual) brutality of it. Eliminating the screaming/terrified 5 year olds, one thinks.

Totally fine NOT showing a child getting his head lopped off, but eliminating the brutal dilemma bit of it for Alicent is an awful and inexplicable choice, imo...particularly with fallout-y things still to come.

Agree, don't want to see a kid get killed but cutting the part where the queen had to choose was lame.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm going to skip Season 2. I didn't care about any of the characters in Season 1 and so now that they're starting to kill each other's children I'm going to take a pass.

Yeah, I don't really like or care about any of them either, but season 1 was fun to watch. I'm sure 2 will hit its stride and probably be even better.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
HOTD > GOT.

Fight me.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics